|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||GNOME Announce <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.25.91|
|| ||Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:23:27 -0500|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.25.91 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.25.91 release.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.25.91?
2.25.91 - 16-Feb-2009
* Fix for bug #419123 - Modified speech settings do not change
immediately in preferences dialog. Many thanks to Hammer Attila for
his testing and feedback.
* Additional fix for bug #569118 - Use C_() instead of Q_() with
* Fix for bug #569343 - Speaking of indentation is misleading
* Fix for bug #570387 - Clean up the speech tab of the preferences UI.
* Fix for bug #555540 - Add support for additional landmark roles
* Fix for bug #561660 - For example with firefox 3.0, heading levels
incorrect sayed for hungarian grammatical
* Fix for bug #568768 - Orca starts at the top of a newly-loaded page
rather than the specified fragment.
* Fix for bug #570524 - (ARIA) Issues with Dojo combo box interaction.
* Fix for bug #570532 - (ARIA) Alert text not brailled when navigating
* Fix for bug #570551 - (ARIA) UIUC Number Guessing Game Alert Dialog
not presented when it appears.
* Work on bug #571058 - (ARIA) Orca's caret navigation is kicking in
when it shouldn't be.
* Work on (and possibly fix for) bug #571799 - (ARIA) Need to clean up
braille presentation of certain widgets.
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
ca Catalan Gil Forcada
da Danish Kenneth Nielsen
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
he Hebrew Mark Krapivner
pt_BR Brazilian Portuguese Jonh Wendell and Andre Gondim
sv Swedish Daniel Nylander
th Thai Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
vi Vietnamese Clytie Siddall
zh_HK Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.25.91 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)