I think it'd be useful to hold a miniconf on the topic of Linux security integration.
We have a rapidly growing set of security features in Linux, including: Access control (SELinux, SMACK, Tomoyo etc.), Integrity, Crypto, FS Capabilities, Desktop (XACE), Storage (LNFS) and likely soon Anti-malware.
Developers in these areas, along with general developers (e.g. distro integration folk) could get together to discuss issues relating to how these components can be integrated and leveraged. Possible topics might include:
- Utilizing TPM with disk encryption
- Encouraging ISV adoption of security features (v. hard problem)
- Improving the end-user experience
- Best practices for integrating FS caps (etc.) into distros
- Securing the desktop
- WIP updates for major projects in development (e.g. anti-malware).