|| ||Alex Tsariounov <email@example.com>|
|| ||LKML <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[Announce] Cpuset (cset) v. 1.5.0 available|
|| ||Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:04:13 -0700|
|| ||linux-rt-users <email@example.com>|
|| ||Article, Thread
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of cpuset (cset)
v1.5.0 from here:
Cpuset is a GPL v2 Python application to make using the cpusets
facilities in the Linux kernel easier. It allows manipulation of cpusets
on the system and provides higher level functions such as implementation
and control of a basic CPU shielding setup. The actual command is
If you're tired of manipulating cpusets by hand, or writing and
rewriting cpuset startup scripts to help manage shielding, then this
tool could be for you.
The source link above contains access to a subversion repository,
bugzilla instance and mailing lists for cpuset.
For an more in-depth writeup on cpuset, see the RT wiki at:
Which also includes the new tutorial:
Changes from 1.04 -> 1.5.0 as follows:
Cpuset 1.5.0 (February 7, 2009)
Major upgrade since 1.04. This release includes a number of bug fixes and
enhancements as outlined below. The release number also has transitioned to a
three-digit number. This release has many usability enhancements from the
past months experience. It also includes a lengthy tutorial to introduce
users to the tool.
The bug numbers refer to cpuset's bugzilla instance which can be found
* Fix bug #1: Origination cpuset not accepted for process move...
* Fix bug #2: Proc move from set to set does not recognize...
* Fix bug #3: Interspersed arguments do not work
* Fix bug #4: Add policy and priority to proc output list
* Fix bug #5: Add ability to move all threads in a process container wi.
* Fix bug #6: The -a option for set listing should be the default
* Fix bug #7: Add destination cpuset for the proc move command
* Fix bug #8: Let leading slash for nested cpuset spec be optional
* Fix bug #9: Rearrange info output some, include machine readable output
* Fix bug #10: Add a recursive cpuset delete with option
* Fix bug #11: Add a configuration file
* Fix bug #12: Add hex mask output for cpuset definition spec (cpuspec)
* Fix bug #13: Add cpuset rename option to set command
* Fix bug #21: Create shield shortcuts
* Changed behavior of shield command, now it behaves more like the proc move
command: -s or -u needs a -p to shield or unshield, however, the shortcut of
shield pidspec still works.
* Fixed exception when using cset with pipes
* Fixed set list behavior if --set was specified but not --list
* Added error message if proc list command does not specify a set
* Fixed exception if proc is used with -l and -s
* Location for cpuset filesystem mount can be specified in config file
* Changed proc option -a/--all to --force only
* Updated copyrights, URLs and documentation
* Added spec file to svn which is used in build service
* Cleaned up status output for clarity and consistency
* Additional minor corner case bug fixes included
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/