|| ||Stephane Wirtel <stephane-AT-tinyerp.com>|
|| ||OpenERP 5.0 - Fully developed with Python|
|| ||Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:05:21 +0100|
OpenERP 5.0 is out !
Why do I talk about OpenERP on this mailing list ? Because OpenERP is fully developed with Python
That major enhancement of Open ERP can now answer to all the needs of a business. Open ERP V5 not
only provides management functions, but also all functionalities necessary to a SMB, like : a
management by modules, a wiki, a webmail, a Business Intelligence (Cube OLAP), a Document
Management System, an eCommerce, an idea box, etc.
Emphasis was placed on an extreme simplification of the software for the new users, a carefully
designed ergonomy of the web client with, amongst others, drag&drop, Gantt graph, editable
etc., and more then 350 modules for specific sectors and big companies.
This new version comes with a full review of the web site giving access to more then 1500 pages of
documentations on business management and a reorganization of the community sources build upon the
Open Object framework. Free cycles of conferences are planned with the version 5.0 release of Open
Thanks to its huge community, Open Object produce more then 20 modules a month. The Open Object
community it is more then 1000 contributors, 126 development branches in parallel, an average of
functinalities or bugfix per month, one commit every 5 minutes and functional and technical
experts specialized by activity and working in teams.
The rise of Open Object and the diversity of the projects makes it an unmatched framework composed
of more then 400 modules installable in a few clicks to cover all kinds of need or to simply start,
with a simple module, to answer a simple need. Then, you can install other functionalities to come
to a fully integrated and automaized system.
Open ERP v5 is characterized by the appearance of many functionalities far beyond the perimeter of
One can underline the following innovations:
* A integrated wiki.
* An integrated document management system.
* A Business Intelligence (BI) using a OLAP database.
* An integrated BPM (management of process).
* A web portal for clients and suppliers.
* Improvement of translations (1 translation file by language and module).
* A touchscreen point of sale.
* A full Ajax webmail .
* A shared calendar.
* Plugins for Outlook, OpenOffice, ms. Office, Thunderbird.
* An integrated eCommerce, etc
This new release offers 3 user interfaces :
* the rich application client for a day to day advanced use,
* the web interface allowing a remote access and an easy deployment,
* the QT client that perfectly fits in a KDE environment.
Numerous improvements have been added to the client interfaces, like :
* dynamic graphs and dashboards,
* really ergonomic calendar views,
* dynamic Gantt graphs for planning,
* workflows editors,
* a fully integrated documentation,
* a dynamic process view used for the end-user training,
The web version of Open ERP includes numerous functions to modify or create your own application
* an visual view editor,
* an object editor,
* a workflow (process) editor,
* an Open Office integrated report editor
* a statistics engine (BI cube),
LaunchPad Project: http://launchpad.net/openobject
Stephane Wirtel - "As OpenERP is OpenSource, please feel free to contribute."
Developper - Technical Instructor OpenERP
OpenERP - Tiny SPRL
Chaussee de Namur, 40
org:OpenERP - Tiny sprl
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:;;Chauss=C3=A9e de Namur, 40;G=C3=A9rompont;;1367;Belgium
note;quoted-printable:OpenERP is an Open Source enterprise management software=0D=0A=
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)