|| ||Martyn Russell <martyn-AT-imendio.com>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: tracker 0.6.90 released|
|| ||Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:34:19 +0000|
tracker 0.6.90 is now available for download from:
What is it?
All-in-one indexer, search tool and metadata database.
Where can I find out more?
You can visit the project web site:
- Major re-factoring over the last 12 months for cleaner code.
- Modular approach with:
(common functions shared across all binaries)
(database abstraction and manipulation API)
(a higher level data get/set API)
(an API used by 3rd parties to index their content)
- DBus re-factoring and use of GLib bindings (for maintainability).
(The method names haven't changed, but the objects have, so the
client applications will need to be updated).
- Extractors are now run as an external process detached from the
indexer to not crash the indexer for problematic files.
- The utility applications have all been improved and use GOption
for argument parsing.
- Configuration is now more centralised and used by applications as
well as the daemon/indexer.
- File monitoring has been rewritten using GIO and libinotify:
- GnomeVFS support dropped from the project.
- Requirement for GLib 2.16.x.
- Imported libinotify (for use in the daemon for file monitoring).
(due to lack of MOVE event information from GIO).
- Support for DBus introspection.
- Support for removable media indexing (MMC, USB sticks).
- Support for meta-data caching on removable devices
- Support for searching with OR operations.
- Support for XESAM (initial support only).
- Added application dedicated to indexing (tracker-indexer).
- Added estimated time remaining while indexing.
- Added module API and framework for applications to add support for
their media files to be indexed.
- Added utility applications:
(searches for unique values with option RDF filters)
(lists all ontology services/properties)
(lists details known to tracker about a particular file)
- Added unit tests for:
- Added documentation for:
- daemon/indexer design
- Index merging has been removed in this release due to lack of
time to implementing it and with plans to redesign. SQLite FTS has
the feature internally and will be used in future releases. This
is noticeable only for very large data sets where a slowdown can be
- Fixed #486733, crash in Deskbar: Trying to launch the Tra... (Carlos
- Fixed #474131, crash in Deskbar: Deskbar search applet --... (Carlos
- Fixed #97029, Typos in the italian translation of the About box
- Fixed #97765, GFlare: switchng between circle/poly doesn't work (Ivan
- Fixed #93935, line object connects to self (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #90700, "View as EOG Image" (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #90138, no way to cleanly unset a message's message_id header
- Fixed #96999, Right-click context menu should contain copy entry (even
on webpages without input fields) (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #100816, [ui-review] Edit menu usability (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #90374, help crashes (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #93962, gtkspinbutton wants to own its adjustment (Philip Van Hoof)
- Fixed #97125, missing dot between two sentences in docs for
gtk_icon_size_lookup_for_settings () (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #89254, Documentation updates and corrections for GtkTreeModel
- Fixed #99281, acme should use an event filter (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #92788, add fcpackage to bootstrap (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #402054, Should not allow duplicate keywords to be assigned to a
file (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #402063, Empty space is not a valid keyword (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #441739, Hit count not updated after deleting files (item_remove)
- Fixed #481651, Minor spelling issue (Carlos Garnacho)
- Fixed #493049, Trailing space in an original message in the message
catalog (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #494878, Search hit number can not be reported by orca. (Saleem
- Fixed #494907, Labels should be set as focusable. (Saleem Abdulrasool)
- Fixed #495810, Executing a wrong RDF query makes tracker unresponsive
and unstable (Carlos Garnacho)
- Fixed #509601, Make metadata extractors modular (Carlos Garnacho)
- Fixed #509607, Make Search support logical operators besides 'And'
- Fixed #511781, Patch to avoid excesive relocations (array_to_list)
- Fixed #511788, Patch to simplify tracker_exec_proc_ignore_nulls()
- Fixed #513486, TrackerConfig implementation (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #513691, simplify tracker_exec_proc() (Saleem Abdulrasool)
- Fixed #513692, Pack booleans in guints (Saleem Abdulrasool)
- Fixed #514553, Implementing GetTextContents method (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #518265, Bad FSF address (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #523200, Refactoring Service type "cache" (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #525403, [Refactor] Isolating indexer (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #526727, Parsing dates in extractors (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #526761, Make mail indexing modular (Carlos Garnacho)
- Fixed #528684, [Tracker] The second Applet Preferences window can not
be closed (Wendy Hu)
- Fixed #529373, Use logging infrastructure from GLib (Carlos Garnacho,
- Fixed #548561, Typo in trackerd man page (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #557979, tracker-preferences.desktop categories (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #558613, Applet preferences do not show up localized (Gabor Kelemen)
- Fixed #560581, [l10n] Typo in Tracker message (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #563666, All tracker utils programs require absolute paths (Ivan
- Fixed #563909, Canonicalize command line options (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #565218, GNOME Goal: Clean up GLib and GTK+ includes (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #565725, Please refactor set_status_hint in tracker-applet.c
- Fixed #565928, tracker-applet --help does not show up translated (Ivan
- Fixed #565932, Some strings are not marked for translation (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #566221, nautilus python extension tracker-tags-tab.py does not
work in trunk anymore (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #556196, Include <sys/inotify.h>, not <linux/inotify.h> (John
- Fixed #495512, Tracker Deskbar Applets crashes (Carlos Garnacho)
- Fixed #511752, Build fixes for Maemo platform (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #520789, Build compiler warnings (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #521803, Refactor request and file processing (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #95754, v1.03 Compilation impossible avec bison 1.50 (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #95151, Keybinding reported for a button should include the
modifer. (Ivan Frade)
- Fixed #90455, (Mikael Ottela)
- Fixed #494892, Label for/labeled by relation missing for add tag
button. (Saleem Abdulrasool)
- Fixed #495201, Tables are not labeled. (Patrick Wade)
- Fixed #495205, Warning message label should be accessible to at-tools.
- Fixed #503215, The time unit is not reported by default. (Saleem
- Fixed #563706, Tracker plugin fails to build against trunk (Martyn
- Fixed #570209, tracker_data_manager_set_db_option_int() uses incorrect
parameter order for SetOption (TJ)
- Fixed #495528, "Save Results As" doesn't work for Email results
- Fixed #503725, check/uncheck "Index mounted directories" needs
trackerd reindex (Martyn Russell)
- Fixed #98896, ru.po still in KOI8 (Martyn Russell)
- Updated ar: Khaled Hosny
- Updated be: Alexander Nyakhaychyk
- Updated be@latin: Ihar Hrachyshka
- Updated ca: Gil Forcada
- Updated cs: Petr Kovar, Kamil Paral
- Updated da: Mads Lundby
- Updated el: Simos Xenitellis
- Updated en_GB: Philip Withnall, David Lodge
- Updated es: Jorge González, Jorge Gonzalez
- Updated fi: Timo Jyrinki, Ilkka Tuohela
- Updated fr: Marc Veillet, Robert-André Mauchin and Stéphane Raimbault
- Updated hu: Gabor Kelemen
- Updated it: Luca Ferretti
- Updated ja: Takao Fujiwara, Takao Fujiwara <takao
- Updated lt: ?ygimantas Beru?ka, Gintautas Miliauskas
- Updated nb: Kjartan Maraas
- Updated nl: Roel Huybrechts
- Updated oc: Yannig Marchegay (Kokoyaya)
- Updated pl: Tomasz Dominikowski, Wadim Dziedzic
- Updated pt: Nicolau Gonçalves, Nicolau Gonçalves <excentriko@gmail
- Updated pt_BR: Henrique P Machado, Henrique Machado and Fábio Nogueira
- Updated sk: Pavol Kla?anský
- Updated sv: Daniel Nylander
- Updated th: Manatsawin Hanmongkolchai, Isriya Paireepairit
- Updated zh_CN: Martyn Russell, YangZhang
09 February 2009
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)