|| ||Markus Friedl <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||OpenSSH 3.3 released|
|| ||Fri, 21 Jun 2002 21:50:48 +0200|
OpenSSH 3.3 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
We would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their continued
support and encouragement.
Changes since OpenSSH 3.2.3:
- improved support for privilege separation:
privilege separation is now enabled by default
See UsePrivilegeSeparation in sshd_config(5)
and http://www.citi.umich.edu/u/provos/ssh/privsep.html for more
- ssh no longer needs to be installed setuid root for protocol
version 2 hostbased authentication, see ssh-keysign(8).
protocol version 1 rhosts-rsa authentication still requires privileges
and is not recommended.
- documentation for the client and server configuration options have
been moved to ssh_config(5) and sshd_config(5).
- the server now supports the Compression option, see sshd_config(5).
- the client options RhostsRSAAuthentication and RhostsAuthentication now
default to no, see ssh_config(5).
- the client options FallBackToRsh and UseRsh are deprecated.
- ssh-agent now supports locking and timeouts for keys, see ssh-add(1).
- ssh-agent can now bind to unix-domain sockets given on the command line,
- fixes problems with valid RSA signatures from putty clients.
- please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller and Ben Lindstrom.
to post comments)