|| ||Curtis Gedak <gedakc-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||GParted 0.4.2 Released|
|| ||Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:30:23 -0700|
GParted is the Gnome Partition Editor for creating, reorganizing, and
deleting disk partitions.
A disk device can be subdivided into one or more partitions. The gparted
application enables you to change the partition organization on a disk
device while preserving the contents of the partition.
With gparted you can accomplish the following tasks:
* Create a partition table on a disk device.
* Enable and disable partition flags such as boot and hidden.
* Perform actions with partitions such as create, delete, resize,
move, check, label, copy, and paste.
The big news for this GParted 0.4.2 release is support for ext4 file
systems, and the addition of an application help manual.
Key changes include:
- Added support for ext4 file system
- Support for ext4 is built into version 2.6.28 of the Linux kernel
- e2fsprogs version 1.41.0 or higher required
- Created application help manual
- Updated gparted manual page
- Made text beside field labels selectable (i.e., copy/paste UUID)
- Added lvm2 physical volume detection
- Reduced file system information disk reads to improve performance
- Fixed application crash when saving details and locale not set
- Enhanced copy/paste checks when MBR/EBR involved
Visit http://gparted.sourceforge.net for more details.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)