|| ||Lillian Angel <langel-AT-redhat.com>|
|| ||IcedTea6 1.4 Released!|
|| ||Mon, 02 Feb 2009 09:49:57 -0500|
We are proud to announce the release of IcedTea6 1.4.
The IcedTea6 project provides a harness to build the source code from
OpenJDK6 (http://openjdk.java.net) using Free Software build tools.
- Updated to OpenJDK b14 build.
- Security fixes for:
CVE-2008-5360 - Temporary files have guessable file names.
CVE-2008-5350 - Allows to list files within the user home directory.
CVE-2008-5348 - Denial-Of-Service in kerberos authentication.
CVE-2008-5359 - Buffer overflow in image processing.
CVE-2008-5351 - UTF-8 decoder accepts non-shortest form sequences.
CVE-2008-5356 - Font processing vulnerability.
CVE-2008-5353 - Calendar object deserialization allows privilege
CVE-2008-5354 - Privilege escalation in command line applications.
CVE-2008-5357 - Truetype Font processing vulnerability.
CVE-2008-5352 - Jar200 Decompression buffer overflow.
CVE-2008-5358 - Buffer Overflow in GIF image processing.
- Upgraded to new OpenJDK7 Hotspot 14. The old OpenJDK6 Hotspot 11 can
still be configured --with-hotspot-build=original but future versions
will drop support for the old version and only support HS14. Zero
and Shark have been forward ported to HS14 (from HS12).
- XRender pipeline support: Java2D are noticably faster and running over a
remote X connection feels like it is all local. Build by default
(disable with --disable-xrender). Runtime enabled by running java
-Dsun.java2d.xrender=True (default is to use the old X renderer for now).
- IcedTeaPlugin now supports HTTPS sites and adds a user prompt for
untrusted https certificates.
- Use the ALSA 'default' device. Makes Java play nicer with PulseAudio.
- VisualVM integration has been removed.
- Gervill soft synthesizer integration updated to latest CVS version.
- Integrated jtreg upgraded to 4_0-src-b02-15_oct_2008.
- make check runs much faster now. jtreg -samevm support has been
integrated into the langtools and jdk subsystems. Please package the
test/jtreg-summary.log file with your distribution package so end users
can compare the test results.
- Shark (--enable-shark) now builds on 64 bit platforms, but is a
pre-alpha technology preview and not recommended for use.
- Better support for bootstrapping with different jar programs
(supporting -J options).
- If --with-pkgversion isn't given the short mercurial rev node version
will be used. Package distributors are encouraged to build packages with
--with-pkgversion to uniquely identify their distribution version number
when java -version is run to help distribution specific bug reporting.
- Various freetype font, pisces renderer and awt X window size fixes
to fix visual anomalies.
- Build fixes for gcc 4.3 and 4.4-pre-release.
- Added support for building against a specific openjdk src dir
or hg revision (--with-openjdk-src-dir or --with-hg-revision).
- Many other Plugin, Zero, Shark and PulseAudio bug fixes.
- Build clean up.
- Several plugin bug and build fixes:
The tarball and nosrc RPM can be downloaded here:
The following people helped with this release:
Gary Benson, Deepak Bhole, Andrew Haley, Andrew John Hughes, Ioana Ivan,
Matthias Klose, Omair Majid, Christian Thalinger, Mark Wielaard, Lillian
We would also like to thank the bug reporters and testers!
To get started:
$ hg clone http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea6
$ cd icedtea6
Full build requirements and instructions are in INSTALL:
The new package has been built into Fedora 10 and Fedora 11 (rawhide)
and should appear in the yum repositories in a couple of days.
to post comments)