|| ||"Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeenix-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gupnp-AT-o-hand.com|
|| ||Rygel 0.2|
|| ||Tue, 20 Jan 2009 01:00:24 +0200|
This is the release announcement of Rygel 0.2.
The major change after last release (as gupnp-media-server) is the introduction
of a simple yet powerful plugin-based architecture/api: Everyone plugin:
- is loaded into a separate MediaServer instance.
- can implement any kind and number of resources (currently only services).
- can export an icon file.
- inherit it's ContentDirectory implementation from a base class that does most
of the UPnP-related work. More improvements on this planned for next release.
- use an intuitive API to easily export media from URIs and live GStreamer
source elements over HTTP.
- Relicense under LGPL to allow proprietary plugins and ease of moving code
from/to gupnp libraries.
- DVB Daemon integration though a plugin. Now you can watch live channels from
your PC on your PS3 for example.
- Test plugin that exports one audio and video item, streaming contents from
GStreamer's audiotestsrc and videotestsrc elements respectively.
- Better interoperability with Sony playstation 3.
- Announce unavailability to UPnP world on exit.
- Loads of other improvements.
Download source tarball from here:
Rygel is an implementation of the UPnP MediaServer V 2.0 specification
that is specifically designed for GNOME (Mobile). It is based on
GUPnP and is written (mostly) in Vala language. Project was
previously known as gupnp-media-server.
Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)