|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||GNOME Announce <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.25.5|
|| ||Mon, 19 Jan 2009 12:03:45 -0500|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.25.5 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.25.5 release and
requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.25.5.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.25.5?
2.25.5 - 19-Jan-2009
* Fix for bug #535221 - Automatic shortcut information spoken
* Fix for bug #562060 - Speech should speak multi case strings as words
* Fix for bug #562327 - Desktop tutor message order problem
* Fix for bug #563171 - src/orca/flat_review.py:getZonesFromText
should clip zones based on what text is visible
* Fix for bug #563200 - Orca not spoken the character code 8222
character. Added double low quote and single low quote to the
character names and punctuation table.
* Fix for bug #567428 - "readonly text" spoken when caret changes
line (in evolution)
* Fix for bug #566954 - ARIA toggle button state not handled correctly
* Fix for bug #566955 - Need to remove extra whitespace from braille
output for Firefox 3.x.
* Fix for bug #567167 - Orca sometimes (re)announces that the document
frame has just received focus in Firefox 3.x.
* Fix for bug #567864 - Orca stops responding when flat review is used
in thunderbird message window and message is closed
* Partial fix for bug #567984 -Structural navigation needs to consider
text within the document frame.
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez and
hu Hungarian Attila Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
nb Norwegian Bokmål Kjartan Maraas
pt Portuguese Rui Batista and Duarte Loreto
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.25.5 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)