|| ||Phillip Lougher <email@example.com>|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
|| ||[PATCH V3 00/17] Squashfs: compressed read-only filesystem|
|| ||Mon, 05 Jan 2009 11:08:23 +0000|
This a second respin of the Squashfs patches incorporating the review comments
received. Thanks to everyone who have sent comments.
Summary of changes in patch respin:
1. Vmalloc removed, smaller PAGE_CACHE_SIZE buffers are now allocated
2. Renamed some global functions, prefixing with squashfs_
3. brelse changed to put_bh
4. cache->lock coverage extended in squashfs_put_cache() and
5. New squashfs.txt file in Documentation/filesystems
6. Changed 'long long' usage to u64 for variables referring to 64-bit
7. SQUASHFS_I() renamed to squashfs_i()
8. Renamed locked variable to refcount to clarify usage
9. Renamed waiting variable to num_waiters, making it clear it is a count
rather than a boolean
10. Made pending and error fields int rather than char
These 17 patches are against the latest linux-2.6.git (will apply to 2.6.28).
These patches are also available from
As requested by Andrew Morton I have prepared a tree for linux-next inclusion.
This is git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/pkl/squashfs-next.git
The Squashfs patches have been tested against both linus-2.6.git and
Finally, I would like to acknowledge the financial support of the Consumer
Embedded Linux Forum (CELF). They've made it possible for me to spend the
last six months working full time on this mainlining attempt.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/