|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.25.2|
|| ||Mon, 01 Dec 2008 15:54:14 -0500|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.25.2 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.25.2 release and
requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.25.2.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.25.2?
2.25.2 - 01-Dec-2008
* Work on bug #508675 - Applying change in Orca preference dialog
is a little bit slow.
* Fix for bug #551891 - Flat review does not always
start in the correct place when focus is in a tree table.
* Fix for bug #554002 - Orca App-Preferences dialog page tabs are
"off" by one in speech and braille.
* Fix for bug #560649 - configure doesn't detect
Python modules installed in non-standard location.
* Fix for bug #561540 - Traceback in default.py onStateChanged.
* Fix for bug #562877 - account for pronunciation dictionary
when speech-dispatcher backend is used
* Fix for bug #556657 - Orca is rather chatty when focus is given to
an OOo list whose parent is a combo box.
* Fix for bug #562532 - When using Openoffice.org Spreadsheet with
Orca, the cell coordinates are not spoken for all locales.
* Fix for bug #495303 - Character flat review not working correctly
with generated texts in XUL.
* Fix for bug #554616 - Problems accessing subsequent
lines of cells which contain line break tags in FF3 tables.
* Fix for bug #554616 - Problems accessing subsequent lines of cells
which contain line break tags in FF3 tables.
* More work on bug #554831 - Google calendar unusable with orca.
You can now arrow into the day grid.
* Fix for bug #555055 - Orca should be able to navigate
* Fix for bug #556470 - Orca should not land on empty (cell-less)
tables when using structural navigation by table.
* Fix for bug #558516 - Traceback when navigating on huge webpages.
* Fix for bug #559839 - Orca sometimes includes content from other
lines when navigating via Up/Down Arrow in Firefox 3.
* Fix for bug #560466 - Improve the accuracy of label guess for
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
de German Simon Bienlein Jochen Skulj
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez
eu Basque Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio
zh_CN Simplified Chinese Funda Wang
zh_HK Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.25.2 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)