- knows how to do GSSAPI auth to IMAP
- knows how to use SSL with IMAP (well, it did until this release)
- can use and _edit_ an LDAP addressbook
- has calendaring
- same software can connect to Exchange (need it for work)
- same software can use Exchange GAL (again, need it for work)
- same software can use Exchange calendaring (again, need it for work)
- has spell checker
- has address autocomplete
- probably a few more things I cannot remember right now
I tried (unsuccessfully) claws-mail and balsa for the IMAP stuff (cannot do that at work at all - Exchange admins refuse to turn IMAP on - lucky I get OWA).
Just out of curiosity, what do you normally use?
PS. Evo is one of those things that, if done properly, could be really, really good. But, the quality of the releases varies greatly. Previous Evo (2.22) was kinda OK (it would still crash occasionally when used with Exchange - especially on big folders). I'm looking forward to MAPI support on that front.