|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.24.2|
|| ||Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:15:21 -0500|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.24.2 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.24.2 release and
requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.24.2.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.24.2?
2.24.2 - 24-Nov-2008
* More work on bug #508675 - Applying change in Orca preference dialog
is a little bit slow. This fix makes things even faster.
* Fix for bug #551891 - Flat review does not always start in
the correct place when focus is in a tree table.
* Refix for bug #552344 - tutorial message for desktop not spoken.
* Fix for bug #554002 - Orca App-Preferences dialog page tabs are
"off" by one in speech and braille.
* Fix for bug #556470 - Orca should not land on empty (cell-less)
tables when using structural navigation by table.
* Fix for bug #561540 - Traceback in default.py onStateChanged.
* Fix for bug #357545 - Orca does not speak all buttons in openoffice
database table creation wizard.
* Fix for bug #556657 - Orca is rather chatty when focus is given to
an OOo list whose parent is a combo box.
* Fix for bug #495303 - Character flat review not working correctly
with generated texts in XUL.
* Fix for bug #554616 - Problems accessing subsequent lines of cells
which contain line break tags in FF3 tables.
* More work on bug #554831 - Google calendar unusable with orca.
You can now arrow into the day grid.
* Fix for bug #555055 - Orca should be able to navigate
* Fix for bug #558516 - Traceback when navigating on huge webpages.
* Fix for bug #559839 - Orca sometimes includes content from other
lines when navigating via Up/Down Arrow in Firefox 3.
* Fix for bug #560466 - Improve the accuracy of label guess for
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
ca Catalan Gil Forcada
de German Simon Bienlien and Jochen Skulj
et Estonian Ivar Smolin and Priit Laes
hu Hungarian Attila Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
si Sinhala Danishka Navin
zh_HK Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.24.2 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)