|| ||Olivier Tilloy <olivier-AT-fluendo.com>|
|| ||Elisa Media Center 0.5.17 Release|
|| ||Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:27:30 +0100|
Dear Python users,
The Elisa team is happy to announce the release of Elisa Media Center
0.5.17, code-named "Dazed And Confused".
Elisa is a cross-platform and open-source Media Center written in Python.
It uses GStreamer  for media playback and pigment  to create an
appealing and intuitive user interface.
This release brings its usual lot of bug fixes and important performance
A complete list of the new features and bugs fixed by this release is
Installers and sources can be downloaded from
Bug reports and feature requests are welcome at
Have a nice evening,
The Elisa team
Elisa 0.5.17 "Dazed And Confused"
This is Elisa 0.5.17, seventeenth release of the 0.5 branch.
Bugs fixed since 0.5.16:
- 289901: audio icon missing
- 291183: Regression: the player cannot display popups
- 293186: Multiple widgets give wrong visual focus information
- 278953: .po files are not compilable as shipped in the tarballs
- 290012: PPA package for 0.5.16 error: python 2.4 invalid syntax
- 291479: [linux] Coherence plugin fails to load because of a dependency on httpd
- 287506: [win32] installer shouldn't update the c libraries if it's not needed
- 291553: Media scanner stop() dbus method does not return when not running
You can find source releases of Elisa on the download page:
More details can be found on the project's website: http://elisa.fluendo.com
Support and Bugs
We use Launchpad for bug reports and feature requests:
All code is in a Bazaar branch and can be checked out from there.
It is hosted on Launchpad: https://code.launchpad.net/elisa
Contributors to this release:
- Alessandro Decina
- Benjamin Kampmann
- David McLeod
- Florian Boucault
- Guido Amoruso
- Guillaume Emont
- JesÃºs Corrius
- Lionel Martin
- Olivier Tilloy
- Philippe Normand
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)