|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.25.1|
|| ||Mon, 03 Nov 2008 12:57:57 -0500|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.25.1 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.25.1 release.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.25.1?
2.25.1 - 03-Nov-2008
Changes since 2.24.1
* Refix for bug #552344 - tutorial message for desktop not spoken.
This is a much safer fix that doesn't depend upon human consumable
* Fix for bug #554999 - add a new keybinding for toggling flat review.
* Fix for bug #357545 - Orca does not speak all buttons in OpenOffice
database table creation wizard.
* Fix for bug #434780 - Orca does not provide access to text
attributes in Firefox.
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
hu Hungarian Atilla Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
ca Catalan Gil Forcada
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.25.1 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)