|| ||Evgeniy Polyakov <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[0/3] POHMELFS: the new release. Extended attributes.|
|| ||Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:54:35 +0400|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
I'm pleased to announce the new POHMELFS release.
* Extended attributes.
* Distributed locks for metadata updates.
* Bug fixes and cleanups ( i n c l u d i n g w h i t e s p a c e s ! ).
POHMELFS is a very high performance parallel network filesystem with
local coherent cache of data and metadata. Its main goal is distributed
processing of the data.
Features supported by POHMELFS:
* Locally coherent cache for data and metadata with (potentially) byte-range locks.
Since all Linux filesystems lock the whole inode during writing, algorithm
is very simlpe and does not use byte-ranges, although they are sent in
* Completely async processing of all events (hard and symlinks are the
only exceptions) including object creation and data reading and
* Flexible object architecture optimized for network processing. Ability
to create long pathes to object and remove arbitrary huge
directories in single network command.
* High performance is one of the main design goals.
* Very fast and scalable multithreaded userspace server. Being in
userspace it works with any underlying filesystem and still is much
faster than async in-kernel NFS one.
* Transactions support. Full failover for all operations. Resending
transactions to different servers on timeout or error.
* Client is able to switch between different servers (if one goes down,
client automatically reconnects to second and so on).
* Client parallel extensions: ability to write to multiple servers and
balance reading between them.
* Client dynamical server reconfiguration: ability to add/remove servers
from working set in run-time.
* Strong authentification and possible data encryption in network channel.
* Extended attributes support.
POHMELFS roadmap now includes distributed and parallel facilities of the
1. POHMELFS homepage.
2. POHMELFS archive.
3. GIT trees.
4. Development status.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/