|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.24.1|
|| ||Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:54:48 -0400|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.24.1 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.24.1 release and
requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.24.1.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.24.1?
2.24.1 - 15-Oct-2008
* Fix for bug #552088 - Add Utility to desktop categories.
Thanks Patryk Zawadzki!
* Fix for bug #552343 - Quoting special characters in
espeechfactory.py and other changes. Thanks Dmitri Paduchikh!
* For for bug #553413 - Orca can be double-started on login.
NOTE: this method eliminates the ~/.config method for starting
Orca. You might need to clean our your ~/.config directory
if you're currently autostarting Orca.
* Partial fix for bug #554002 - Orca App-Preferences dialog page tabs
are "off" by one in speech and braille. (This fixes them for focus
tracking. It turns out they are "off" in flat review as well.)
* Fix for bug #554111 - Orca doesn't speak the Rhythmbox rating
widget. Please note: At the moment, this functionality requires
getting the latest patch by Jonathan Matthew on bug #368641 and
building Rhythmbox from svn trunk. Many thanks Jonathan!!
* Fix for bug #554673 - 80 cells Brailledisplay not usable because of
contextual braille Information. Thanks Halim Sahin!
* Fix for bug #556049 - Orca restarts when user logs out from session.
* Fix for bug #556321 - Setting an adjustment with non-zero page size
* Fix for bug #546941 - Extraneous focus: events issued by OOo Writer
lists cause excessive chattiness and braille issues.
* Fix for bug #553877 - Need to implement FF find functionality for
* More work on bug #535178 - In Gecko, we should get the needed text
for the speech and braille contexts while building up the line.
* Fix for bug #527022 - updateBraille() has significant whitespace
issues, should use braille generators when possible, and fails to
* Fix for bug #552887 - Orca gets stuck in graphical boxes on websites.
* Started work on bug #554831 - Google calendar unusable with
orca. Please note that Google calendar is still unusable with
Orca. This part of the fix just prevents a hang.
* Workaround for bug #555466 - Orca should attempt to correct
the Firefox breakage introduced by bug 535827 via script mapping.
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
da Danish Kenneth Nielsen
it Italian Luca Ferretti
pt_BR Brazilian Portuguese Vladimir Melo and Og Maciel
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.24.1 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)