|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.24.0|
|| ||Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:39:40 -0400|
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.24.0 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.24.0 release and
requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from GNOME v2.24.0.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.24.0?
2.24.0 - 22-Sep-2008
These are the details for changes from the 2.23.92 release. See the
release notes for the differences from 2.22:
* Fix for bug #363793 - Add the ability to change the color of the
flat review rectangle. This support is 'under the covers' for now
and requires hand-editing of ~/.orca/user-settings.py or
* Fix for bug #403760 - Emacspeak speech factory doesn't always
* Fix for bug #552344 - tutorial message for desktop not spoken in
* More work toward the fix for bug #356041 - GNOME Help (yelp) is
inaccessible. Ginn Chen created another patch for Yelp which makes
things work even better. Thanks Ginn!
* Fix for bug #552350 - Orca doesn't recognize it is in a spreadsheet
cell in certain builds of OOo Dev 3
* Fix for bug #518945 - Orca has problems with certain imagemaps in
* Fix for bug #535188 - Page-up and page-down not functioning when
reading messages in Thunderbird
* More work on bug #542833 - Flat review in Thunderbird is largely
broken. This fix addresses some combo box related issues.
* Fix for bug #546815 - guessLabelFromLine() is guessing text that is
on other lines in FF3
* Fix for bug #547496 - Cursor navigation does not start from
insertion carat location in Thunderbird Write window
* Fix for bug #547573 - Orca has problems navigating past a couple of
links on java.sun.com
* Fix for bug #549128 - Orca should not get stuck on omahasteaks.com
* Fix for bug #551626 - Storing guessed labels would increase
performance and decrease repeated speech
* Fix for bug #553075 - Please add comment for string
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
See also the overall translation status:
ar Arabic Youssef Chahibi and Djihed Afifi
cs Czech Lucas Lommer and Petr Kovar
da Danish Kenneth Nielsen
et Estonian Ivar Smolin and Priit Laes
fr French Bruno Brouard and Claude Paroz
hi Hindi Rajesh Ranjan
hu Hungarian Atilla Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
it Italian Luca Ferretti
nb Norwegian Bokmål Kjartan Maraas
nl Dutch Wouter Bolsterlee
pt_BR Brazilian Portuguese Michel Recondo, Tiago M. Casal and
Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle
ru Russian Nickolay V. Shmyrev
ta Tamil I. Felix
* Where can I get it?
You can obtain Orca v2.24.0 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)