|| ||"=?UTF-8?Q?David_Mar=C3=ADn_Carre=C3=B1o?=" <davefx-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||gnoMint 0.5.3 released|
|| ||Mon, 8 Sep 2008 18:14:22 +0200|
|| ||gnomint-users-AT-lists.sourceforge.net, gnomint-announce-AT-lists.sourceforge.net|
I'm pleased to announce the 0.5.3 version of gnoMint: a graphical
X.509 Certification Authority management tool.
This version adds adds some features:
* Initial Czech translation. Thanks to Stan?k Lubo?
* Now, when exporting certificates, the full certification path is
exported and saved, so it is easier to make several programs to
validate gnoMint-generated certificates.
* Now, gnoMint is able to generate a PKCS#3 file with Diffie-Hellman parameters.
There are also several fixes:
* The lists are now well-ordered (again) when there are more than 10
certificates issued by the same CA.
* The problem while generating DSA CSRs is now fixed.
* Applying patches for fixing i18n, and autotools misconfigurations.
Thanks to Stan?k Lubo? <email@example.com>
gnoMint is a tool for an easy creation and management of Certification
Authorities. It allows a fancy visualization of all the pieces that
conform a CA: x509 certificates, CSRs, CRLs...
Currently, it allows the creation of CAs, CSRs and Certificates, and
export both public and private parts of them into PEM formatted files.
It manages the revocation of the created certificates, as well as the
creation of CRLs.
gnoMint is now perfectly usable for managing a CA that emits
certificates able to:
* Authenticate people or machines in VPNs (IPSec or other protocols);
* Secure HTTP communications with SSL/TLS secured web servers;
* Authenticate and cipher HTTP communications through web-client certificates;
* Sign and/or crypt e-mails
For compiling it, its dependencies are:
* GTK+ 2.10 or newer
* SQLite 3
* libGnuTLS 2.0
More information in
You can get the tarball from sourceforge mirrors:
David Marín Carreño
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)