|| ||"=?UTF-8?Q?David_Mar=C3=ADn_Carre=C3=B1o?=" <davefx-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||gnoMint 0.5.2 released|
|| ||Mon, 1 Sep 2008 18:59:56 +0200|
|| ||gnomint-users-AT-lists.sourceforge.net, gnomint-announce-AT-lists.sourceforge.net|
I'm pleased to announce the 0.5.2 version of gnoMint: a graphical
X.509 Certification Authority management tool.
This version adds some minor, but interesting, features:
* General view preferences are now saved through gconf system.
* New created certificates can be exported automatically to gnome-keyring.
gnoMint is a tool for an easy creation and management of Certification
Authorities. It allows a fancy visualization of all the pieces that
conform a CA: x509 certificates, CSRs, CRLs...
Currently, it allows the creation of CAs, CSRs and Certificates, and
export both public and private parts of them into PEM formatted files.
It manages the revocation of the created certificates, as well as the
creation of CRLs.
gnoMint is now perfectly usable for managing a CA that emits
certificates able to:
* Authenticate people or machines in VPNs (IPSec or other protocols);
* Secure HTTP communications with SSL/TLS secured web servers;
* Authenticate and cipher HTTP communications through web-client certificates;
* Sign and/or crypt e-mails
For compiling it, its dependencies are:
* GTK+ 2.10 or newer
* SQLite 3
* libGnuTLS 2.0
More information in
You can get the tarball from sourceforge mirrors:
David Marín Carreño
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)