|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gdm-list <gdm-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||GDM 2.20.8 (stable), the "Big Jones" Release|
|| ||Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:59:46 -0500|
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.20.8 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Improve gdm_final_cleanup so that the slave daemon exits after
receiving a shutdown or reboot event, and after completing all
cleanup. This further fixes bug #517526. which was causing GDM
to crash on reboot or shutdown. (Josselin Mouette)
- Fix broken check in configure for TCP wrappers. Fixes bug #548676.
(Stanislav Brabec and Brian Cameron)
- Correct memory leak in SELinux code. (Julien Cristau)
- Use g_strdup when copying strings in gdmchooser to avoid a
crash. See bug #544730. (Matthias Crochner and Brian Cameron)
- Ignore ENXIO when processing ioctl since some distros, such as
FreeBSD, yields ENXIO for non-IP/non-configured interfaces.
Fixes bug #544790. (Volker Stolz)
- Prevent a negative value when processing SVG images in the
gdmgreeter themes. (Pascal Brochart)
- Add Kazakh language to locale.alias.
- On Solaris, minor fix to Xsession script so that input methods
- On Solaris, no longer use ctrun for SMF integration, and instead
manage SMF so that when the slave daemon is forked, it is spawned
in a separate service contract. This ensures that the user session
all GDM GUI programs, and the PAM interaction all happen in the
user service contract. This helps to ensure that if the Xserver
crashes, it does not cause the GDM service to restart. (Brian
- On Solaris fbconsole is called with the "-n" argument to avoid
race conditions with XMDCP remote sessions. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Jorge Gonzalez, Alexander Shopov)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.20/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.23/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)