|| ||Rui Capela <rncbc-AT-rncbc.org>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||Qtractor 0.2.1|
|| ||Fri, 29 Aug 2008 22:43:58 +0200|
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework.
Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio
Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced
Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the
main infrastructures to evolve as a
fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation
GUI, specially dedicated to the personal
0.2.1 2008-08-30 The Fainty Diva
- Gradient eye-candy now featured for clips,
tracks and mixer strips widget backgrounds,
disabled on configure time (--disable-gradient).
- MIDI pitch-bend/wheel events are now
captured/recorded properly; in fact, there was
this ancient bug, now squashed, as all MIDI clips
weren't being stored at all if there weren't a
single note event captured.
- MIDI channel translation is finally in effect on
monitored tracks, specially the ones set in
omni-channel input mode.
- MIDI open files dialog gets a few more file
filter types now.
- Playhead position is now shown, updated and can
be also set on the main toolbar session thumb-view
(shift-click to set the playhead).
- The floating selection, as shown for a clipboard
pasting operation, has been corrected regarding
time scale (horizontal zoom) changes, while in the
main track-view. Also fixed final position
snapping precision (spotted in bug #2055846).
- Current tempo and snap-per-beat setting now
survive session cycling.
- DSSI plugins implementing run_multiple_synths
(eg. fluidsynth-dssi) are now formally supported
according to the DSSI spec (hopefully); note that
previously one could only have one DSSI plugin
instance loaded in session in any given time,
otherwise a sudden crash was in sure demand when
either plugin got activated (fixes bug #2048198).
- Audio plugin outputs now overrides each other
when the number of output ports does not match the
number of mix-down audio channels and thus fixing
a nasty crash bug in the process.
- All custom font sizes are now set relative to
default global font.
- Changing loop points by dragging on the time
rulers is now mapped as undoable/redoable commands
as it ought to be ever since.
- Drop-span option (View/Options.../Drop multiple
audio files into the same track) now takes into
effect the current session snap-per-beat setting
when concatenating multiple audio clips.
- All plugins get their default bank/program
selected on insertion.
- Make record armed tracks muted for playback, a
needed regression to let both audio and MIDI
tracks behave consistently regarding input monitor
switching through output.
- Fixed a pretty old and shameless bug regarding
MIDI clip recording, in which cases the queue
start time offset was not taken into account, with
captured events being recorded with erratic long
- Almost complete refactoring of the clumsy audio
peak file classes, possibly making it even
clumsier but straight neverthless, with the noble
and final aim to build it in-flight and draw the
waveforms while recording is rolling.
- Recording clips get their initial name labels
drawn while fade-in/out handles are dropped as
found pretty useless while recording.
- Escape key now closes connections and mixer
widgets as found usual.
0.2.0 2008-07-18 The Frolic Demoiselle
- MIDI clip filename revision logic is now
introduced, thus avoiding the proliferation of
several numbered SMF's on each edit/save; some
lurking bugs were exposed in the MIDI clip
externalization method but promptly squashed.
- Fixed a mouse release event glitch while in
drag-and-drop items in the Files tree list widget.
- A dummy plugin type option has been devised,
just to bear with some troubled behavior of the
lovely JUCETICE plugins
plugin scan). Bad news are that all, yes all as in
every native VST plugins, are indistinguishable
from being just pure audio effects, either mono or
stereo, whatever, and thus all being considered
full-blown stereo VSTi instruments (which are the
vast mainstream and rather interesting majority,
- The plugin selection dialog (Add Plugin...) now
features the option whether the selected plugins
should be activated on insert.
- Mixer strip titles now have distinguishable type
icons, either for audio or MIDI, and shown on all
buses and track strips.
- Major optimization breakthrough: muted audio
tracks aren't streamed any longer, saving precious
CPU cycles from decoding, resampling,
pitch-shifting, time-stretching, plugin effects,
- Incredible as it might be, audio/MIDI track
record monitoring is now mixed (or merged) with
rolling playback content, thus not as mutually
exclusive between record and playback states
anymore; also, track mute/solo states doesn't
apply to recording material anymore.
- Main form timer slot gets corrected and now
independent of current process buffer-size in
regard to JACK transport synchronization.
- All file references in session state file are
now stored as relative paths to main session
- DSSI/VSTi plugin presets can now be explicitly
recalled from file (ie. Open/load preset) through
this new tool button whether visible while in the
generic plugin form.
- Due to some trouble with newer Qt >= 4.4
applications regarding font size configuration, a
new global user option is now available to the
rescue: View/Options... /Display/Base font size
(default is no-op).
- Logarithmic scale is now taken into effect by
control parameter sliders, in the generic plugin
editor dialog as provided by LADSPA and DSSI
- MIDI track bank/program does not default to zero
- Second attempt for Qt4.4 build support,
regarding the bundled atomic primitives, now
corrected and way more seriously :).
- Long due DSSI/VSTi plugin host implementation
has taken shape for MIDI instruments (eg.
soft-synth plugins); DSSI reached its full host
implementation and VSTi is already kicking as well
- DSSI/VSTi plugin presets may now be stored to
external XML files, which should include all
parameter values and configuration data chunks,
taken as proper state snapshot and subject for
- Dedicated audio output bus option is now also
accessible for all MIDI instrument plugins, either
set globally as a default mode in
View/Options.../Plugins/Instruments or in the
plugin context menu for MIDI tracks, as an
- Fixed a potential crash-exception due to freeing
a null-pointer, raised on some ever stringent
platforms and while adding tracks to empty
sessions, which is the same to say this was
crashing more than always:).
- Loop turn-around is now taken care of, as this
has been found missing and causing noticeable
gapping when un-muting or changing MIDI track
events while in playback.
- An off-by-one bug was fixed while inside MIDI
cursor backward seek method, which was missing all
other events that have the same exact onset
- Attempt to load Qt's own translation support and
get rid of the ever warning startup message,
unless built in debug mode. (transaction by Guido
Scholz, while on qsynth-devel, thanks).
- Only one application instance is now allowed to
be up and running, with immediate but graceful
termination upon startup iif an already running
instance is detected, which will see its main
widget shown up automatically (Qt/X11 platform
- Clip fades have now a slight transparency.
- Avoid loop read-ahead on initial audio clip
- Messages file logging makes its first long
overdue appearance, with user configurable
settings in View/Options.../Logging; options
dialog was slightly rearranged and moved the
Plugins section into a new tab page.
- Audio/MIDI drifting correction was missing its
own correct and due (re)initialization whenever
playback is (re)started; also, MIDI metering
synchronization has been fixed once again.
- Fixed session cursor backward seeking, specially
applicable when playback passes the end of
- Fixed potential crash when opening bogus audio
- Time-stretch FIFO buffer implementation is now
made generic, as template, fixing a destructor
memory leak in the process.
- Include legacy headers, stdlib.h and string.h,
where necessary to build with stricter gcc/g++ >=
0.1.3 2008-05-02 The Frugal Damsel
0.1.2 2008-03-23 The Frantic Dame
0.1.1 2008-02-16 The Futile Duchess
0.1.0 2008-01-05 The Frivolous Debutante
0.0.9 2007-11-30 The Adolescence Prime
0.0.8 2007-11-12 The Twelfth Tight
0.0.7 2007-10-31 The Eleventh Tower
0.0.6 2007-10-09 The Tenth Commencement
0.0.5 2007-09-08 The Ninth Hitch Nail
0.0.4 2007-07-19 The Eight Wanderer
0.0.3 2007-06-23 The Seventh Draught
0.0.2 2007-05-26 The Sixth Lord
0.0.1 2007-05-07 The Filthy Fifth
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)