|| ||Mirco Bauer <meebey-AT-meebey.net>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Smuxi 0.6.2|
|| ||Tue, 26 Aug 2008 23:40:43 +0200|
Smuxi 0.6.2 released and is available for download from:
What is it?
Smuxi is an irssi-inspired, flexible, user-friendly and cross-platform
IRC client for advanced users, targeting the GNOME desktop.
The special feature of Smuxi is that it can be used like the typical
irssi+screen combo. The IRC session can run on a server (using
`smuxi-server') and a frontend (like `smuxi-frontend-gnome') then can
connect to that. The frontend can then be detached and re-attached at
some later point without losing any IRC connections or messages.
The project website can be found at:
* German translation (please contribute other translations, see
*.pot files). (trac#94 trac#95)
* Window size and position is now restored after startup.
* Timestamps can be disabled now. (trac#84)
* Timestamp format variables are now explained. (trac#102)
* Nick-colors now tries to avoid colors that give a bad contrast
depending on the background color.
* Added Next/Previous Chat entry to menu (so the shortcut is
* Logging date format is much more human readable now.
* Adding servers with the same hostname is now prevented.
* Switching between local engine and remote engine without restart
works now. (trac#106)
* Quick connect dialog doesn't just close if a server is selected
using double click. (trac#80)
* Chats are now sorted correctly if there is no next protocol chat
tab available. (trac#87)
* mIRC clear color character wasn't honored correctly. (trac#89)
* /quit command is working now. (trac#92)
* Reconnect is not breaking open person chats anymore. (trac#99)
* First message of a person chat is now triggering a highlight
PS: Smuxi is now available in Debian/Unstable and ArchLinux (thanks goes
to Jense for the ArchLinux package)!
26 August 2008
Mirco 'meebey' Bauer
PGP-Key ID: 0xEEF946C8
FOSS Developer email@example.com http://www.meebey.net/
PEAR Developer firstname.lastname@example.org http://pear.php.net/
Debian Developer email@example.com http://www.debian.org/
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)