|| ||Christoph Thiel <cthiel-AT-suse.de>|
|| ||[opensuse-announce] openSUSE 11.1 Alpha2 is available|
|| ||Thu, 21 Aug 2008 10:57:22 -0400|
openSUSE 11.1 Alpha2 is available and ready for testing. This time it is
actually installable and bootable ;) But you'll need to be quick and select
the right boot option from the bootmenu. Due to bug #418619, "Failsafe" is
the default boot option. Please make sure to always select real "openSUSE
10.0.42 - 2.6.26-14" option!
On x86_64, please make sure to always disable the image-based installation
from the summary screen, before the actual instllation starts!
There will be no LiveCD with this Alpha, but we are planning on doing an
Alpha2plus LiveCD next week.
openSUSE 11.1 Alpha2 is available from
Please also refer to http://software.opensuse.org/developer for further
details and all the direct links.
Known issues / workarounds:
- image-based installation on x86_64 will not work without problem, as the
images on the ISO don't match the RPMs. You'll get errors around "unable
to remove pam-config".
Workaround: always disable image-based installation on x86_64!
- Bug 418619: Failsafe kernel is default in menu.lst
Important: Please make sure to boot the right kernel -- failsafe can cause
trouble on some maschines
- Bug 418592: gdm doesn't start on some maschines
- Bug 418577: Bootloader: cannot update the dynamic configuration policy
- Bug 418729: Could not find /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_...
- various AutoYast-related bugs
* Bug 418574: AutoYast is ManualYast in 2nd stage
* Bug 418707: Firewall services still enabled although disabled in
* Bug 418568: uuidgen missing
Christoph Thiel, Tech. Project Management, Research & Development
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com
to post comments)