I am pleased to announce version 2.14.2 of the Python bindings for GObject.
The new release is available from ftp.gnome.org as and its mirrors
as soon as its synced correctly:
What's new since PyGObject 2.14.1:
- Allow gobject.property work with subclasses. (#523352, Tomeu Vizoso)
- Unbreak Source.prepare (#523075, Bryan Silverthorn)
- Never override customly set 'tp_new' and 'tp_alloc' (Paul Pogonyshev)
- Don't link against libffi if we cannot find libffi
on the system. (#496006, Ed Catmur)
- Dist .m4 files. (#496011, Ed Catmur)
- Don't return NULL after warning of enum comparsion
(#519631, Paul Pogonyshev)
GObject is a object system library used by GTK+ and GStreamer.
PyGObject provides a convenient wrapper for the GObject+ library for use
in Python programs, and takes care of many of the boring details such as
managing memory and type casting. When combined with PyGTK, PyORBit and
gnome-python, it can be used to write full featured Gnome applications.
Like the GObject library itself PyGObject is licensed under the
GNU LGPL, so is suitable for use in both free software and proprietary
applications. It is already in use in many applications ranging
from small single purpose scripts up to large full
PyGObject requires GObject >= 2.8.0 and Python >= 2.3.5 to build.
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)