|| ||=?iso-8859-1?Q?Ga=C3=ABl_de_Chalendar?= <kleag-AT-free.fr>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||KsirK 4.00.73|
|| ||Sat, 10 May 2008 00:22:15 +0200|
Type: KDE Tactics & Strategy Game
Depend: KDE 4.x
Preview of the future KsirK 2.0
KsirK is now integrated into the kdegames package.
If there is no late problems, it should be soon
released with KDE 4.1.
In the meantime, this preview lets you have a look
at the new (not final) look and try the new
The KDE4 version of KsirK have a lot of changes.
Internally with a switch to SVG format for
graphics and .desktop format for skins description
but also in the gameplay: there is no more a heavy
buttons toolbar for example.
The 1.8 version add two great New Features:
* New AI, ported from the Jean-Claude COLSON's
AI in XFRisk !
* New Skin "Real Politiks" (see screenshots)
with a beautiful map from jrisk and new sprites
that still needs some love by a real artist !
Now, I will start the port to KDE4. This is a new
For bugs reports, please no comment here but on
the Web site !
If you want to play network games with others,
please register to the users mailing list
setup a "rendez-vous" there...
KsirK still needs YOU ! I'd like to receive:
- play network games with you;
- bug reports (well, I wouldn't like but they
would be useful !);
- help for better graphics ;
- code if you'd like.
Happy World Conquest !
KsirK is a strategy game inspired by the well
known game Risk. It runs under KDE or any Linux
system with the KDE libs and is released under the
GPL . In the current beta version, KsirK is a
multi-player network-enabled game with a simple
AI. Planned future versions will have a better AI
and more enhancements (see the web site or the
distribution for details).
Build and installation instructions are on the web
site. The (partly outdated) user manual is also on
the web site.
This is completely outdated ! Before I update
this data, you can have a look at the ChangeLog
file and the TODO file (items marked with DONE)
* Updated the waf build system to 1.0.1
* crash when transmitting pixmaps in messages
* recycling choices by AI bug solved
* no more confirm with a dialog that a computer
player wants to lose its turn
* enlarged messages window lines so that all
letters are correctly displayed
* found where time was lost in
* on victory, if mode is "conquer the world" now
display this as reached goal
* goals display: display also advancement of the
* made the game usable at 800x600 (by reworking
new game dialog)
* updated Real Politiks skin
* progress of AIColson
* updated some translations
* New AI based on AIColson by Jean-Claude Colson
* New skin "Real Politiks" based on a map from
jrisk (GPL by Yura Mamyrin )
* Replaced some specific methods in AnimSprite
by overloaded methods in its inherited classes
* ready to release version 1.7beta3
* bug: victory condition checking
* better victory dialog
* added a quick introduction displayed at
* Display the reached goal on victory
* better system messages
* better handling of the "next player" command.
Now, a confirmation dialog
is displayed if no action were triggered tis
turn. This avoids to
unadvertedly cancel the turn of another player
* added flags and players names to battle
* chat line edit no more keep the focus
* message sender is now the current (or last)
local player and not ever the
* changed save file format to correctly display
the number of loaded players
* quits in case of saved game loading error
(instead of crashing later)
* corrected a typo in fr.po
* better chat dialog
Â° draw flags and print nation name with
player name (Now possible, to do)
Â° icon for system messages (Now possible, to
Â° colors (Now possible, to complete)
* ready to release version 1.7beta2
* default player name for each country
* corrected skin problem (definitions of one
used with sprites of another one;
never appeared in released code)
* release 1.7beta1
* pixmaps in the messages box works as needed
* allow all client to post messages instead of
only the one of the current
*** Complete ChangeLog in the source archive ***
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)