|| ||Andreas Jaeger <aj-l3A5Bk7waGM-AT-public.gmane.org>|
|| ||openSUSE Board election proposal|
|| ||Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:02:30 +0200|
We had today a public openSUSE board meeting and came up with the
following proposal. If you like to see stuff added to it, or changed,
please speak up - the board will vote on this in two weeks time.
* Only openSUSE members may vote, each member having one vote.
* Special role for the first election:
Each openSUSE member can vouch for one person that should be part of
the openSUSE community and this person can vote, too.
* Special role for the first election: After the announcement - and
before the election - there will be a 4 week period where people can
apply to be openSUSE members in order to vote.
* An openSUSE election team will be created. It consists of 3 people.
Neither of them can be elected as openSUSE board member.
* The openSUSE board will ask on the opensuse-project mailing list for
volunteers for the openSUSE election team and select appropriate
candidates. At least one member of the election team will be a
Novell employee and at least one member will not be a Novell
* The openSUSE board election period is two years and every year half
of the board will be elected.
For the first election, the Novell and non-Novell members with the
most votes will be elected for two years, the second runners for one
* openSUSE board members can serve for up to two consecutive
election periods. After that they have to pause for one year.
* openSUSE members will be choosen by the openSUSE election team. The
openSUSE board may be contacted when anybody considers the decision
was wrong, and the board may overrule the membership decision.
Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform / openSUSE, aj-l3A5Bk7waGM@public.gmane.org
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F FED1 389A 563C C272 A126
to post comments)