|| ||Sergio Villar Senin <svillar-AT-igalia.com>|
|| ||tinymail devel list <tinymail-devel-list-AT-gnome.org>,
|| ||Tinymail pre-release v0.0.8 - E-mail library|
|| ||Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:28:00 +0100|
Tinymail is a library for developing mobile applications with E-mail
functionality. The framework provides components that aid the developer
with the user interface but of course also with the connectivity and the
caching of messages.
o. Added .NET bindings
o. Memory leakage fixes
o. Several bugfixes in IMAP and POP
o. Merged with upstream Camel
o. Error handling refactoring
o. Improved cancelation support
For more information: http://tinymail.org
E-mail clients using Tinymail:
Modest (under development, betas are being released):
TMut (released software):
Let me know if you started a project and want to be in these release
notes with it.
Branch in the Subversion repository:
Trunk in the Subversion repository:
Online API documentation of this pre-release:
Packages (usually older versions of Tinymail):
Changes since pre-release 0.0.7:
The pre-release 0.0.7 can be found here:
Jose Dapena Paz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* libtinymail-camel/tny-camel-mime-part.c: Do not lose the
filename of the attachment disposition in case we set it as
libtinymail-camel/tny-camel-send-queue.c: now we don't send the
run-queue-stop signal until we've processed all sent signals.
Added a missing else that could cause freeing some summary info entries
when they shouldn't
(pop3_get_message). Now it works even if no exception parameter is passed.
Make camel_shutdown method be public, for the cases we cannot
rely on g_atexit.
Modified method to calculate the fingerprint of a certificate.
Now we use Mozilla NSS api for this as the old method was not
reliable in some cases.
Philip Van Hoof <email@example.com>
* NAMESPACE vs. LIST separator for mail.h-farm.it
* Get-Message and reconnection cancels
* Crash when the IMAP server doesn't support namespaces
* GLib Signal leakage in TnyGtkFolderStoreTreeModel
* Has-attachment status detection improvement
* Added a tny_mime_part_get_decoded_stream and
* Added a demoui written in C#
* Crashfix when retrieving a large message while expunging it from
another E-mail client
* Temporary solution for large E-mails
* Limiting abusive mails with +3000 to, from, bcc or cc addresses to
* Implemented .NET bindings
Added the proper error codes when there is no enough space left on
* Fixed reference counting for all TnyIterator implementations
* Removed the _func from all the interfaces and virtual function
pointers in the classes. This should not be an ABI but is an API
* Merged camel-lite with upstream camel revision 8428
* Experimental expunge handling, including a workarround for a
known problem that ain't easy to solve right now
* Experimental new behaviour for some IMAP servers that don't
instantly update sessions that where not in IDLE when in
monitoring service IDLE received an EXISTS
* Added highly experimental support for GtkHTML in libtinymailui-gtkhtml
* Fixed several compiler warnings, and cleaned up some code
* Refactoring of all error reporting situations, errors and handling
of connection failures, reconnecting and getting messages in case of a
previous connection failure.
* Several bugfixes related to connection failures and fetching
* POP and IMAP now behave the same in case of connection problems
while fetching a message (they try to re-authenticate and re-connect)
* More finegrained error reporting (IO errors, SERVICE errors, SYSTEM
errors and unknown errors).
* Fixed sync when offline transfers took place
Alberto Garcia Gonzalez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Added new attribute: cancel_occurred
(imap_update_summary): Set cancel_occurred to TRUE when the
operation is cancelled by the user.
(camel_imap_folder_selected): Don't try to refresh the folder
again if a cancel has happened.
Write only full UTF-8 characters into the GtkTextBuffer. If an
input buffer contains incomplete UTF-8 chars, save those bytes and
write them with the following buffer.
(tny_vfs_reset): Return 0 on success
Vivek Sekar <email@example.com>
* Cleaned up the debian/control.maemo-chinook and
Sergio Villar Senin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
(camel_maildir_get_filename): fixed the message read from a maildir
folder, do not take into account the message flags to read the message
(tny_send_queue_add_async): added this method that was available in
the Camel implementation to the interface
(thread_main): added the "queue-start" and "queue-stop" signals that
are emitted before and after the queue processes the messages
(tny_send_queue_cancel): API change, now the cancel method receives a
flag specifying the action that should be performed on cancelations,
to remove the messages or just to suspend them
(thread_main): make the tny_transport_account_send cancellable
(folder_changed): removed a code that was modifying the number of
cached messages when receiving an IDLE notification of expunged
headers. It shouldn't be done because Camel was already giving us the
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <email@example.com>
* fix freeing uninitialized data in camel-imap-folder.c
Mark Doffman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* bindings/python/*.defs: Regenerate .defs files for updated API.
* bindings/python/*.override: Add missing headers and Gtk types.
* bindings/python/tinymail.override: Begin adding wrappers for
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)