|| ||Piotr Eljasiak <epiotr-AT-use.pl>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org, gcmd-users-AT-nongnu.org,
|| ||GNOME Commander 1.2.5 released|
|| ||Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:28:41 +0100|
The GNOME Commander team proudly announces the next stable release of
GNOME Commander: 1.2.5.
What's new since 1.2.4:
* Fixed problem #345314 (cursor not staying on file while renaming)
* Fixed problem #353889 (disappearing files after failed move (F6))
* Fixed problems #346286, #424447, #447882, #467058 (crash when using
regex in renaming tool)
* Fixed problems #365227 and #446361 (build issues on Solaris)
* Fixed problem #424159 (column sort problem)
* Fixed problem #434545 (Debian bug #421480: HUGE icons for device
* Fixed problem #447415 (inability to launch executables)
* Fixed problem #448942 (SHIFT+ENTER: running a command in a separate
* Fixed problem #449137 (renamed directories not accessed by name)
* Fixed problem #468685 (crash in python module)
* Fixed problem #490431 (view files with name containing '%')
* Fixed problem #508565 (improper UTF8 handling in advanced file rename
* Fixed problem #510567 (failed assert when deleting dir)
* Fixed problem when creating ~/dir
* Fixed problem with updating of internal viewer status bar
* Fixed crash when creating dir with absolute path on SMB share
* Fixed crash when moving file with % in the name
* Fixed problem with sporadically lost cursor in file pane
* Fixed problem with mounting of devices with spaces in the name
* Fixed problem with history of advrename templates
* Build fixes
* Support for APE, FLAC and Vorbis metags in advanced file rename
* Support for Exif makernotes metags in advanced file rename templates
* Support for file metags in advanced file rename templates
* Metadata tags in file properties dialog
* Use the GNOME authentication manager for user's security credentials
* Open terminal in the current directory
* Default GNOME theme icons for home, SMB and FTP locations
* User defined shortcuts to bookmarks
* Send files via email or instant messenger (using nautilus-sendto)
* Updated help docs
* New or updated translations: ar, bg, cs, de, dz, eo, es, eu, fr, oc,
pl, pt_BR, ro, sl, sv
* New key bindings:
CTRL+LEFT/RIGHT Copying the current working directory from the
filelist to the inactive one
CTRL+N Open new connection to remote server (replaces the
What is it?
GNOME Commander is a fast and powerful graphical file manager, it has
a "two-pane" interface in the tradition of Norton and Midnight
* FTP support.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu.
* User defined context menu.
* User defined keyboard shortcuts.
* Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and
* Latest accessed folders history.
* Folder bookmarks.
* Python scripting.
* Plugin support.
* Meta data support for Exif, IPTC, ID3, Vorbis, FLAC, APE, OLE2 and
* Fast file viewer for text and images.
* Tools for advanced renaming of files, searching, quick file name
search in current dir,
symlinking, comparing directories.
* Integrated command line.
* Support for over 35 languages.
Where can I get it ?
Project site http://www.nongnu.org/gcmd/
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)