|| ||Willie Walker <William.Walker-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||Announcing Orca v2.21.92|
|| ||Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:40:35 -0500|
We're down to the wire for GNOME 2.22.0. One week to hard code freeze!
Wow! The Orca team has been busy focusing on high visibility bugs for
the GNOME 2.21.92 release, and many thanks go out to our users who have
been reporting bugs and testing patches with us every step of the way.
"Jon Orcauser" has been at it again for this release -- woo hoo!
Note that I could also write tomes about the dedication and drive shown
by all the individuals of the Orca team, and I wouldn't find any of it
boring. I definitely plan on writing something up for the 2.22.0
release - the team has just been outstanding.
* What is Orca?
Orca is a free, open source, flexible, and extensible screen reader that
provides access to the graphical desktop via user-customizable
combinations of speech, braille, and/or magnification. Orca development
has been led by the Sun Microsystems, Inc., Accessibility Program Office
via continued engagement with its end users and generous contributions
from the Mozilla Foundation and wonderful community members.
The Orca v2.21.92 release is targeted for the GNOME v2.21.92 development
release and requires the latest at-spi/pyatspi infrastructure from
GNOME v2.21.92, including atk and gail.
You can also read more about Orca at http://live.gnome.org/Orca.
* What's changed for Orca v2.21.92?
2.21.92 - 25-Feb-2008
* Fix for bug #419136 - Planner toggle button in main window not
* Fix for bug #486897 - Where Am I doesn't present row/column headers
* Fix for bug #513238 - Flat review is broken in Evolution
* Fix for bug #516321 - Caps lock not correctly reporting the state
* Workaround for bug #517026 - crash in Open Folder: Deleting the last
file in a directory
* Fix for bug #515651 - Navigation of cells in oocalc now says "not
* Fix for bug #508163 - Orca tends to be slow in the vicinity of combo
boxes in Firefox
* Fix for bug #511885 - Support relevant and channel live region
* Fix for bug #512261 - We should implement better support for the FF
* Fix for bug #515263 - ARIA tooltips should respect presentToolTips
* Fix for bug #512503 - Remove "object:visible-data-changed" listener
* Fix for bug #515571 - FF3 form field structural navigation should
handle form fields that are not in forms
* Fix for bug #516121 - Orca stalls on barackobama.com when navigating
by heading in FF3
* Fix for bug #516174 - FF line navigation needs to be more
accurate. (We know these aren't all the issues, but hopefully this
fix will resolve many of them.)
* Fix for bug #517521 - Gecko.py is throwing exception in onCaretMoved
* Fix for bug #517336 - Spaces interfere with Orca's ability to get
the line contents
* Fix for bug #517371 - Orca gets stuck when browsing humanware.ca in
* Fix for bug #517716 - Live regions being output on listitem changes
* Fix for bug #517752 - (ff3) more orca+left/right inconsistency
* Fix for bug #518502 - Orca doesn't always speak wrapping
announcement for link structural nav in FF3
New and updated translations (THANKS EVERYONE!!!):
de German Jochen Skulj
es Spanish Francisco Javier Dorado Martinez
fi Finnish Ilkka Tuohela
fr French Robert-André Mauchin and Claude Paroz
hu Hungarian Attila Hammer and Gabor Kelemen
kn Kannada Shankar Prasad and Runa Bhattacharjee
mk Macedonian Jovan Naumovski
nb Norwegian Bokmål Kjartan Maraas
ne Nepali Pawan Chitrakar
nl Dutch Vincent van Adrighem
pt Portuguese Duarte Loreto
ru Russian Nickolay V. Shmyrev
th Thai Theppitak Karoonboonyanan
vi Vietnamese Nguy?n Thái Ng?c Duy
zh_HK Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
zh_TW Traditional Chinese Chao-Hsiung Liao
* Where can I get it ?
You can obtain Orca v2.21.92 in source code form at the following:
The Orca Team
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)