|| ||Markus Armbruster <email@example.com>|
|| ||[PATCH 0/2] xen pvfb: Para-virtual framebuffer, keyboard and pointer|
|| ||Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:42:03 +0100|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
This is a pair of Xen para-virtual frontend device drivers:
drivers/video/xen-fbfront.c provides a framebuffer, and
drivers/input/xen-kbdfront provides keyboard and mouse.
The backends run in dom0 user space.
I started with the Xen version at
Differences to that Xen version, for those who care:
* Rewritten on top of fb deferred I/O
* IRQ handler names visible in /proc and /sys match the driver names.
* Use framebuffer helper functions appropriate for framebuffer in
* write() refreshes the framebuffer properly.
* off-by-one height of some screen refreshs fixed.
* Crash when register_framebuffer() fails fixed.
* Test for empty ring in input_handler() fixed.
* Deadlock in xen-kbdfront resume fixed.
* General clean up.
I have a step-by-step patch series from that Xen version to my
version, if anybody is interested. Might be useful for reviewers
familiar with the Xen version.
The patch consists of two parts:
1. fbdev: Make deferred I/O work as advertized
I need fb deferred I/O, but is utterly broken. A fix has been
floating around on linux-fbdev-devel as part of a larger patch,
which as far as I know has not been merged anywhere, yet. This is
just the fix.
2. xen pvfb: Para-virtual framebuffer, keyboard and pointer driver
The actual drivers.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-input" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html