|| ||Rui Capela <rncbc-AT-rncbc.org>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||Qtractor 0.1.1|
|| ||Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:19:38 +0100|
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
application written in C++ around the Qt4 toolkit
using Qt Designer. The initial target platform
will be Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit
(JACK) for audio, and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI, are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured
Linux Desktop Audio Workstation GUI, specially
dedicated to the personal home-studio.
0.1.1 2008-02-16 The Futile Duchess
- After some great user demand, keyboard shortcuts
are finally configurable, as found provisionally
under Help/Shortcuts..., for the main application
menu and for the MIDI editor as well.
- Debian package gets SSE optimization disabled as
- At least some transport actions get to be non
auto-repeatable when pressed for much too long, as
Play and Record, avoiding the tumbling imposed
from the keyboard.
- For the first time ever, jackd auto-start is now
OSC service support through liblo gets optional at
configure time, now leading the way to proper DSSI
- All plug-in widget controls count are now capped
to one hundred.
- Plugin paths setup is now made available on the
options dialog, overriding each of respective
default settings, as implicit from the
LADSPA_PATH, DSSI_PATH and VST_PATH environment
variables (see View/Options.../Display/Plugin
- Clip fade-in/out lengths are now kept relative
to tempo changes and also to clip offset and
length changes (clip resizes).
- Automatic time-stretching for all audio clips
when session tempo changes, may now be
disabled/enabled as a global session option (see
- Double-clicking on an empty area (de)selects all
clips on track.
- MIDI capture (record) quantization is now an
option, possibly handy for some jerky performance
musicians, as the one found in myself ;) (see
- The global options dialog (View/Options...) has
seen its Display tab page being moved back and to
- Major rewrite of the plug-in infrastructure,
adding primordial support for DSSI and native VST
- Drag-and-drop of plug-in instances are now
allowed intra- and inter-mixer strip chains,
either on tracks or buses.
- Turning track record off while recording is
rolling was leaving the session in a inconsistent
recording status, now fixed.
- A random but instant crash upon
audition/pre-listening player onset was hopefully
0.1.0 2008-01-05 The Frivolous Debutante
- Audio clip time-stretching makes its debut, with
code adapted and refactored from the SoundTouch
library, under the (L)GPL umbrella.
- New "Options.../Audio/Playback/Quick seek
time-stretching" global option, providing a quick
seek mode (hierarchical search) while doing all
audio buffer time-stretching.
- Changing session tempo will automatically apply
the correspondingtime-stretch percent factor to
all in-place audio clips. Audio clip dialog also
includes a new time-stretch property setting.
- Tempo changes are now affecting clip offsets
correctly, keeping the clip offset constant in
time units (ticks), as are clip start and length
- Mixer splitter sizes are now properly
saved/restored when hidden.
- Extended multi-selection is now featured on the
files widget; all drag and drop functionality has
been almost completely rewritten.
- SSE optimization is now enabled where available
- Options for having separate dedicated ports for
the audition/pre-listening player output, audio
metronome output, MIDI control input/output and
MIDI metronome output, are now in place.
- A brand new subtle option sneaks in, affecting
the drag-and-drop of the main track-view:
View/Options.../Drop multiple audio files into the
same track, whether to drop multiple external
files into new or existing track as concatenated
- The audio metronome makes its debut as an
alternative to the MIDI existing one; parameters
include bar and beat audio sample files,
accessible from the
- Files widget action refactorization; the files
context menu gets its due item icons and a new
menu item for direct audio player accessibility.
- MIDI time resolution changes (ppqn, ticks per
beat) now tries to keep all session MIDI clip
times unchanged as far as possible.
- MIDI channel volume and panning control change
events, CC#7 and CC#10 respectively, are now
rendered unfiltered on playback .
- First rendition of the long due implementation
of an audition or pre-listening audio player is
now in place; the files window got this new
play/stop control button on its lower-right
- Actual instrument definition note (keys) and
controller names are now in effect on the MIDI
editor, whenever applicable.
- Fixed instrument bank selection method, "Bank
MSB" (2), which was broken enough to never send
the correct bank number.
- Mouse-wheel horizontal scrolling is now
accessible on every view, while pressing a
modifier key (Shift or Ctrl).
- New auto-backward transport option: when enabled
the playhead will be reset backward automatically
whenever transport stops playing.
- A suicide-crash has been fixed while invoking
the bus dialog from the respective mixer bus strip
- Master (default) buses are always set to Duplex
mode, being now an enforced update policy while on
the Buses dialog.
- A stupid lockup bug (infinite loop) was spotted
on the track bus assignment method and squashed
- New keyboard shortcuts for toggling the
Connections tool (F8) and the mighty Mixer tool
- Avoid showing a context menu while
right-clicking on time rulers.
- Audio clip waveform drawing gets additional
- It is now possible to change the length/size of
a clip by dragging its left or right edges, while
in the main track-view. Shift+drag will also
time-stretch to the resulting audio clip length.
- Another off-by-one mistake was corrected, which
was causing audio clips to go out-of-sync on loop
turnover boundary; also changed the loop
turnaround strategy, now honoring already cached
- A race-condition has been mitigated in the
audio-buffer thread, that was exposed and lead to
sudden application freezing upon changing some
composite audio clip commands.
- Take absolute audio peak values only, making
peak files a little bit shorter and hopefully
faster to load and draw as waveforms.
0.0.9 2007-11-30 The Adolescence Prime
0.0.8 2007-11-12 The Twelfth Tight
0.0.7 2007-10-31 The Eleventh Tower
0.0.6 2007-10-09 The Tenth Commencement
0.0.5 2007-09-08 The Ninth Hitch Nail
0.0.4 2007-07-19 The Eight Wanderer
0.0.3 2007-06-23 The Seventh Draught
0.0.2 2007-05-26 The Sixth Lord
0.0.1 2007-05-07 The Filthy Fifth
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)