|| ||Jan Wedekind <jan-AT-wedesoft.de>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||kmando human computer interface 1.5|
|| ||Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:09:07 +0100|
Name: kmando human computer interface
Type: KDE Hardware Utility
Depend: Qt 4.x
A software for camera-projector interaction was
developed by Juan Roldan, Ushakiran Soutapalli,
Julien Faucher, and Jan Wedekind at the
Microsystem & Machine Vision Laboratory (MMVL) at
Sheffield Hallam University, UK.
The software makes use of a low cost off-the shelf
webcam that is calibrated against a standard
projector screen (note that at the moment the new
video for linux standard version 2 (V4L2) is not
supported yet). The webcam is used to determine
the position of physical pointer (e.g. a pen)
which is then used to virtually move the X11
pointer. Point-and-click functionality has also
The wizard allows you to take a reference picture
showing the pointer. You then have to select the
region in the image for generating a reference
histogram. If you are using a projector, make sure
that the desktop has a bright background.
Otherwise the pointer will be illuminated
differently and it will not be recognized any
TreviÃ±o TreviÃ±o supplied a Ubuntu package of
mando-1.4 for Ubuntu Edgy:
For a video see
2008-02-06 Jan Wedekind 1.5
- Adding support for firewire digital
* image_v4linput.cc: Accepting YUV422
(assuming it is same as UYVY).
- Wizard has new combo-box for selecting
* image_v4linput.cc: Not preferring RGB
support of camera. Prefer
UYVY or YUV420p instead.
2007-04-14 Jan Wedekind 1.4
- Added spin-box for selecting camera
- GUI now has sliders for adjusting
brightness, contrast, and others.
2007-03-27 Jan Wedekind 1.3
- Added some explanation about capturing
- Distorted e-mails because of spam.
2007-02-12 Jan Wedekind 1.2
* configure.ac: Configure script must not
2007-02-11 Jan Wedekind 1.1
* Makefile.am: Added moc-, qrc-, and
uic-files to clean-rule.
* configure.ac: Call "make clean" to
delete built sources.
2007-02-02 Jan Wedekind 1.0
- Applications seems to run stable now ->
releasing version 1.0
2006-10-20 Jan Wedekind 0.6
- Minor fixes on configure-script
2006-10-20 Jan Wedekind 0.5
- Fixed the check for gfortran (using
Thanks to Steven G. Johnson!
# On the older Mandriva version you may have to
# On openSuSE 10.0 libgfortranbegin.a was compiled
without "-fPIC". You need to configure using
./configure F77=gfortran FLIBS="-lgfortran"
2006-10-17 Jan Wedekind 0.4
- Added support for UYVY-cameras.
2006-10-16 Jan Wedekind 0.3
- Video display can be zoomed using the
- Display error-messages when accessing
2006-10-13 Jan Wedekind 0.2
- Removed dependency on ImageMagick.
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)