|| ||"james jwm-art net" <james-AT-jwm-art.net>|
|| ||[LAA] wcnt-1.26.2 Released|
|| ||Tue, 05 Feb 2008 00:22:25 +0000|
(source code only)
Second release of wcnt-1.26 after the pre releases...
* rudimentary polyphony
no, no polyphonic sequencer.... but several new modules
(wcnt-1.26.1) to create polyphonic effects:
trig_counter - counts and (?restricts) outputs input trigger
trig_echo - echos input trigger n times
trig_router - sends trigger n to auto-created output modules
group_control - only runs modules when appropriate -
but easy to make it in-appropriate.
* fader (module)
created to make easy a fade in and fade out at the start and
end of the file to be written. uses either the time_map or
timer (out_bar_trig/out_trig and out_bar/out_count) outputs
and start and end bar parameters and extends the end by
* sample_climb (module)
like sample_hold, but uses the grabbed 'sample' as a target
to climb to ( output += (target - output) * rate ).
* inspector (wcnt-1.26.1)
arkward to use module for displaying messages and values of
wcnt now has over 80 modules...(81 to be precise)
* wavfile_out (module) (wcnt-1.26.1)
now has snapshot_mode parameter. adds date and time (down
to the millisecond) to the filename being written. now you
can edit a .wc file to your hearts content without overwriting
the sounds generated.
* square_wave (module) (wcnt-1.26.1)
has rate parameter for adding curvature to the square_wave.
works with same method as sample_climb.
* user_wave (module) (wcnt-1.26.1)
vertices which (via modulation) collide with previous vertices
will be dropped from the waveform - as opposed to causing
* removed restrictions of combiner, spreader, and switcher to
only allow usage of wcnt_signals. these modules can now use
any module which provides the out_output output.
* removed restriction of mixer module to only allow use of
mix_chan modules. the mixer can now use any module which
provides out_left and out_right outputs.
* removed restriction of trig_switcher module to only allow
use of wcnt_trigger module. trig_switcher can now use any
module which provides the out_trig output (ie most of the
* (wcnt-1.26.1) many things which should not make any difference
to the user, except maybe a marginal speed increase in some
* many more things, (synthmod changes for a start).
* dynamic module was checking for existence of wrong vertex.
* tested it as much i can by myself and without any strict
regime. i will have missed something...
* documentation is very much out of date now, sorry. the only
thing I can offer right now is the occasional comment in the
examples, and tests (directories of .wc files bundled with
* another version might pop-along next week perhaps.
(source code only)
james jwm-art net
Linux-audio-announce mailing list
to post comments)