|| ||Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@cl.cam.ac.uk>|
xen-devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] Xen 3.2.0 released!|
|| ||Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:58:12 +0000|
We're pleased to announce the official release of Xen 3.2.0!
This has been a while coming, and represents the culmination of a lot of
work to improve architectural cleanliness 'under the hood', while also
providing a range of new user-visible features including:
- Xen Security Modules (XSM)
- ACPI S3 suspend-to-RAM support for the host system
- Preliminary PCI pass-through support (using appropriate Intel or AMD
- Preliminary support for a wider range of bootloaders in fully virtualised
(HVM) guests, using full emulation of x86 'real mode'.
- Faster emulation of standard (non-super) VGA modes for HVM guests
- Configurable timer modes for HVM guests, depending on how the guest OS
- Many other changes and enhancements across all supported machine
You can get the source using mercurial from:
To extract your own source tarball:
# hg clone http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.2-testing.hg
# cd xen-3.2-testing.hg
# hg archive -t tgz -r RELEASE-3.2.0 ../xen-3.2.0.tar.gz
Pre-prepared source tarball and binary packages will soon be available from
the xen.org website.
Keir (on behalf of the whole Xen dev team)