|| ||Brian Cameron <Brian.Cameron-AT-Sun.COM>|
|| ||gdm-list-AT-gnome.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GDM2 2.20.3 (stable), the "Coyoacan" Release|
|| ||Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:39:39 -0600|
If you have no clue what GDM is, refer to the documentation links
at the bottom of this announcement.
The 2.20.3 release is a stable release of the GNOME Display Manager
(GDM) program with the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Now "Esc" key acts like the "Start Again" button in the greeter
program. (Ray Strode)
- Fix regression in GDM 2.20 that caused the daemon to not read
any [server-foo] sections that were not referenced in the
[servers] section of the configuration file. This caused
problems for gdmsetup when you tried to edit the Xserver
configuration. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix regression in GDM 2.20 that caused HaltCommand,
SuspendCommand, and RebootCommand to not get updated properly
when modified from gdmsetup. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix gdmsetup so that it doesn't use gtk_init when run with
the "--command" option. This allows the gdmflexiserver --command
option to be run with setuid/setgid without problems. This fixes
bug #438939. (Brian Cameron)
- Fix counting of open XDMCP sessions. In some situations this
problem would cause GDM to think the maximum number of XDMCP
sessions had been started when this wasn't the case. This fixes
bug #495623. (Andrew Ziem)
- Fix Suspend configuration option so it works. (Philippe
- Fix so that XDMCP Willing configuration option works. (George
- Fixes to avoid compiler warnings. (Brian Cameron, Larry
Doolittle, George Lebl)
- Fix gdmsetup so it does not crash if it cannot read any
displays from the configuration file. (Brian Cameron)
- Translation updates (Se\303\241n de B\303\272rca, Jakub Friedl)
Note: GDM2 was originally written by Martin K. Petersen <mkp mkp net>.
Much work has been done on GDM2 by George Lebl; and Brian Cameron.
Note2: If installing from the tarball do note that make install
overwrites most of the setup files, all except gdm.conf. It will
however save backups with the .orig extension first.
Note3: Note3 has been depracated ...
#endif /* GDM_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */
Online Documentation - http://www.gnome.org/projects/gdm/
Latest Stable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.20/
Latest Unstable - http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdm/2.21/
Bug Reporting - http://bugzilla.gnome.org in the "gdm" category.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)