|| ||cc cc <ultramancool-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||ScroogLyrics 0.7.2|
|| ||Tue, 25 Dec 2007 02:30:37 +0100|
Type: Amarok Script
I've been annoyed by the low yield on some of my
more obscure music with many of the Amarok lyric
search scripts available. I'd used a program waaay
back when in my windows days called EvilLyrics,
they had an interesting idea, Google for the
lyrics then rip them off known websites. Well, I
decided this is what Amarok needed! After a quick
day of scripting, here's the result: a true lyrics
metasearch script. Since google's SOAP API is crap
(now doesn't allow you to register keys and
returns dramatically different results to web
search), I decided I'd scrape. Since Scroogle had
a cleaner markup, I decided it'd be even better to
scrape then just Google (and the paranoid might
like me more or something). Anyways, the script
searches scroogle (hence the name Scrooglyrics)
for the song lyrics, then pulls them off the known
sites. Adding sites should be easy so, tell me
what sites you'd like to see and I'll be sure to
get them in next release! Remember, these sites
should be reputable ones that show up in the first
20 results on google for your song's lyrics.
To use this script you must have the
WWW::Mechanize perl module installed. Your
distrobution probably has a package for it, but,
in the case they don't, you can do this the perl
way, su to root then use cpan to install each of
I'd like as much input on this as possible, so, if
you've tested it, please comment! Your opinion is
- Fixed bug where artist name is not sent in
- Added some extra debugging code
- Fixed lyrics007 linebreak bug
- Now removes starting "The" in artist names,
seems to get better results
- Removed depenencies on HTML::Entities and
HTML::Strip, just needs Mechanize now.
- BIG Update!
- Now searches songmeanings.net and
- now only googles for results in sites needed
- now will keep looking if a regex fails instead
- big thanks to mattepiu and neoeno for their work
towards this version, great job!
- Stay tuned for a version that will include
- Fixed capturing for actionext.com and
- Added a little extra debugging, if anyone's
having problems, pull up the output window for the
script and see if a regex has failed.
- Fixed packaging error
- Added letssingit.com and lyricwiki
- code cleanup, now passes use strict
- Bug fix :) No more last-lyrics bug. I hope.
- Added sign365.com support. I'll be working on
that last-lyrics bug for next release.
Initial release, currently has support for 3
lyrics search websites, azlyrics.com,
lyrics007.com and actionext.com. This will
probably be expanded later, but, I easily find
most of my more obscure songs with just these 3!
This my friends is why we need a lyrics
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)