|| ||Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz <email@example.com>|
|| ||[PATCH 00/63] ide-cd: redux|
|| ||Thu, 20 Dec 2007 01:48:49 +0100|
This patch series is a major rework of the ide-cd driver.
The motivations behind it are twofold:
* ide-cd is still in use but because it has been out of luck for maintainers
lately the code become quite hard to debug and maintain - this puts it back
into the shape
* aid efforts of developers (Tejun and Alan) who are working on libata ATAPI
support - it should be now a lot easier to spot the various quirks for
weird/buggy devices, differences between sr/ide-cd etc.
This patch series contains only safe/straightforward changes (some "risky"
ones are scheduled for later time) and should be fully bisectable.
* unify _four_ slightly different IRQ handlers into one
* re-organize handling of quirky-devices (group quirks scattered
all over the driver in the table and handle them using flags)
* move code for verbose error logging to ide-cd_verbose.c (this
code doesn't have any IDE subsystem dependencies so if desired
it can be easily converted into generic IDE/libata library)
* move code handling cdrom.c IOCTLs to ide-cd_ioctl.c
* remove duplicated/dead code (> 700 LOC gone)
* move historical changelog to Documentation/ide/
* fix few bugs discovered during rewrite
Documentation/ide/ChangeLog.ide-cd.1994-2004 | 268 ++
drivers/cdrom/cdrom.c | 6
drivers/ide/Kconfig | 9
drivers/ide/Makefile | 6
drivers/ide/ide-cd.c | 3236 +++++++++------------------
drivers/ide/ide-cd.h | 737 ------
drivers/ide/ide-cd_ioctl.c | 265 ++
drivers/ide/ide-cd_verbose.c | 359 ++
include/linux/cdrom.h | 14
9 files changed, 2095 insertions(+), 2805 deletions(-)
PS ide-cd Maintainer position is still open...
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/