|| ||Andreas =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6hler?= <andi5.py-AT-gmx.net>|
|| ||gnucash-announce-AT-gnucash.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org|
|| ||GnuCash 2.2.2 Released|
|| ||Tue, 18 Dec 2007 06:26:48 +0100|
|| ||gnucash-devel-AT-gnucash.org, gnucash-user-AT-gnucash.org|
GnuCash 2.2.2 released
The GnuCash development team proudly announces GnuCash 2.2.2, the
second bug fix release in a series of stable releases of the
GnuCash Free Accounting Software. GnuCash is available on
Microsoft Windows since the release of 2.2.0, and it also runs on
GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris and Mac OSX.
GnuCash 2.2.2 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or
sourceforge.net. It is available as source code. For the
Microsoft Windows operating system there is a self-installing
setup program which includes all necessary additional libraries.
To install GnuCash on other platforms, users will need Gnome 2,
guile, and slib. Neither the currently used swig nor the
previously used g-wrap packages are needed anymore when compiling
from tarball or when installing a binary.
(Source code and Windows binary)
(Source code only)
What's New in GnuCash 2.2.2?
* #336240: advanced portfolio - the basis calculation is not
working properly in funds
* #343245: Advanced Portfolio gets basis wrong with stock split
* #343448: Hide unused horizontal scrollbar
* #344566: Advance Portfolio has wrong Realized Gain
* #347739: Advanced Portfolio calculates values incorrectly
when it involves a capital loss
* #438360: Case-insensitive search for non-ascii characters broken
* #460232: advanced portfolio report fails
* #467521: Persistent splash screen blocks "could not obtain
* #467532: Clipping check fields in gtkprint is not consistent
with clipping in gnomeprint
* #468681: RFE: Customizable summary bar position
* #470750: src/design/*.texinfo refers to non-existent GncBooks API
* #470801: Tip Of The Day says 2.2.1 is development version
* #473827: chinese translate for gnucash account
* #475666: Missing national currency CUC
* #476189: Configure script should fail when gettext is not installed
* #481110: Win32: Crash when opening SX Editor
* #482177: Customer report shows no invoices or detail with 2nd
* #483796: Fancy Invoice - Report Error
* #484576: Configuration error with goffice 0.5
* #487317: QIF import druid crash when stepping back and forth
from the "loaded files page" without selection
* #487326: Preferences dialog does not remove all its gconf callbacks
* #487572: advanced portfolio breaks on "Most Recent to Report"
* #488001: speed up several reports that rely on html-acct-table.scm
* #488004: provide a two-column income-statement
* #490679: GnuCash doesn't honor the GNOME toolbar settings
* #491581: Import 'Cash' Action (in Investment Accounts)
* #492137: Lot scrubber doesn't add splits to existing lots correctly
* #496023: Pressing ESC Cancels modifications whether you
choose yes or no.
* #496178: gnucash segfaults with troublesome automatic transactions
* #499360: Crash when editing a commodity whose quote source
timezone is set to local time
* #499788: gnucash-make-guids does not work, fails
with "Unbound variable: gnc:guid-new"
* #500026: [PATCH] Report correct package for qt3-wizard
* #500427: SX creation doesn't include template transaction "Notes"
* #501059: GnuCash leaks since last run dialogs
* #502755: GnuCash hangs after modifying SX
* #503579: win32 packaging fails installing mingw
* Many changes to the german SKR03 and SKR04 account templates
* Include updated GNOME libraries and a patched ORBit2 in Win32 build
* Improve resizing of search and invoice posting dialogs
* Add MimeType directive for GnuCash data files
* Fix some new compiler warnings
* Add AZN [Azerbaijani Manat]
* Add COU [Colombian Unidad de Valor Real]
* Add MZN [Mozambique Metical]
* Some occurrences of "Open Source" were changed to "Free".
* Update translations: Brazilian Portugese, Czech, German, Japanese,
Many thanks go to
Frank H. Ellenberger
Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle
Leslie H. Watter
How can You help?
* We would like to encourage people to test this and any further
releases as much as possible and submit bug reports in order that we
can continuously polish GnuCash to be as stable as possible. Simply
post any bugs you find to bugzilla
* If you have the urge to help beyond testing please get involved in the
discussions on the GnuCash mailing lists which you will find at
http://www.gnucash.org. We especially need people to help with
updating the documentation. Please see
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Development on how to get involved.
* Translating: The GnuCash 2.2.0 release came with some new translation
strings. If you consider contributing a translation, we invite you
to work with the translation template in this package. Our
development is in String Freeze now, so you can safely work on our
translation. Please check
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation_Status for updates on this.
About the Program
GnuCash is a free, open source accounting program released under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and available for GNU/Linux, *BSD, Solaris,
Mac OSX, and Microsoft Windows. It is collaboratively developed by 12
people from over 5 countries.
Programming on GnuCash began in 1997, and its first stable release was
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)