|| ||Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||gnome-announce-list <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>,
|| ||Epiphany 2.21.4 released|
|| ||Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:54:42 +0100|
The Epiphany team proudly presents to you a brand new release
As we haven't been updating the NEWS entries very frequently, the
changes listed below cover everything between versions 2.19.6 and
Download information can be found here:
Epiphany 2.21.4 "The Case of Mr. Epifanio Navegared"
A big refactoring of the Epiphany internals was done in order to achieve better
cross-engine support. It can be roughly separated in two chunks:
- EphyTab and its usage of GtkMozEmbed specific signals was transformed
into generic code under EphyBaseEmbed with backend-agnostic gobject-properties.
Backends are now encouraged to subclass EphyBaseEmbed and update its
properties to keep them in sync with the engine state. In turn, the browser
chrome will connect to the notify:: signals for the properties to update its
UI to reflect those changes.
- In some situations the embed/ code will need to know some specific details of
the fronted (for example, the active child among all the embed instances in the
popup management code). Instead of directly accessing the frontend, a generic
EphyEmbedContainer interface has been created, offering all the needed methods.
In Epiphany, this interface is implemented by EphyWindow.
* Add saved files to the GtkRecent list. Fixes Bug #148401.
* Make cursor be at the end of the URL when selecting entries from the
completion popup. Fixes bug #466344.
* Fix multihead problems in toolbar editor.
* Fix download-icon toolip updates. Fixes bug #343238.
* Default to Cancel on Cert dialogues. Fixes bug #163379.
* Remove "Add bookmark" and "Save as" from the document context menu.
Part of bug #332968.
* Fix completion model to show icons for history items too,
history/bookmarks/favicon_cache service objects are now stored in the
completion priv. Fixes bug #459811.
* Sets page header and footer margins to a reasonable value when printing.
Workaround for bug #346110.
* Adds a check for NULL pointer in ephy-session.c, fixing wrong behaviour when
restoring Epiphany in some cases. Fix for bug #488718.
* Updates to new NetworkManager API signals for status monitoring.
* Take the page orientation from the page setup, not from the print settings.
Bug #485670 (see also gtk+ bug #485685).
* Makes the Go button behaviour consistent with the "Enter" behaviour. Both
actions search for keywords or load the url. Fixes #484178.
* EphyContentPolicy::ShouldLoad: use the same content policy for
http and https, allowing adblock to work on https. Fixes bug #471583.
* Make Epiphany properly remember the last saved location in the FileChooser.
Fix for bug #336251.
* Make session recovery focus work properly and remember the active tab.
Fixes bug #317272.
* Fix disable_toolbar_editing lockdown not respected for Remove and Move
actions on toolbar buttons. Fixes bug #475641.
* Change the hint of the bookmarking properties dialog to DIALOG, instead
of NORMAL. Make bookmarking work in fullscreen mode and does not put
bookmark properties windows in the taskbar. Fixes bug #478928.
* Find toolbar now remembers last pattern searched also when opened with
slash or apostrophe. Fixes bug #343337.
* Add a somewhat tricky fix for url titles not visible on the completion
popup of the location entry when using a dark theme (like Darkilouche).
Fixes bug #446898.
* Private instances of Epiphany now remove the profile dir on exit.
Note that the profile dir won't be deleted if it's a custom path.
Fixes bug #329680.
* Make "Up" button dropdown menu show titles instead of URLs for already
visited pages. Fix for bug #323764.
* Remove ellipsis from View -> Page Security Information, as it does not
require further user interaction to complete. Fix for bug #483312.
* Hide Back/Forward buttons when disable_history lockdown key is enabled.
Fixes bug #394795.
* Add explanation label to "Only from sites you visit" radio button.
Fixes bug 493422.
* Add accessibility theme icons for our apps icon.
* Enable printing to PDF file on gecko 1.9, now that moz#367907 is
* Make 'Not found' on find toolbar temporarily bold and sounds the
bell signal when searching on a page and no results are
found. Fixes bug #363004.
* Makes tooltips for Back and Forward buttons display the titles of
relative pages. Fixes bug #341400.
* Add drag-and-drop of URLs onto "New Tab" and "New Window" buttons in
the toolbar. Fixes bug #382383.
* Add a broom icon in the search entry of the History window,
like in Bookmarks Editor. Fixes bug #476179.
* Use friendly display for mailto: links; shows a nice text in status bar
when hovering a mailto: link. Fixes bug #339161.
* Fix the build of the custom GTK+ filepicker. Add a preview for the
FileChooser. The default size is 150x150. Fixes bug #440859.
* Make the location entry completion cells smarter, now bookmarks take the
full width of the popup. Also make titles of history entries align
to the left so it's easier to browse a lot of entries with similar
titles. Almost-fixes bug #419475.
* Change the "Powered by" name in the About dialog according to the used
backend. Fix for bug #478196.
* Display "Execute script <title>" string as tooltip for bookmark action
Fix bug #492695.
* Update to latest EggToolbarEditor code.
This supports changing the editor's model during runtime and
tries to avoid some possibly leaking signal handlers. Fixes bug #493149.
* Adds a column in the history window showing the date and the time of the
visit, substitutes radiobuttons with checkboxes in the View menu of the
window. Fix bug #380156.
* Enable a --with-distributor-name configure option, defaulting to Epiphany.
Use it on an error page to designate the distributors/developers to
contact. Fixes bug #433796.
* Add a "Remove all" button to the Personal Data Manager for both the
cookies and the passwords. Addresses bug #148314.
* Fix a bug in EphyNodeView which caused problems when setting columns
as resizable; thanks to Kristian Rietveld for finding out the cause.
Make history window columns resizable and bookmarks editor columns
resizable and sortable. Fixes bug #132808.
Contributors to this release:
Cosimo Cecchi, Dale Parquette, Leonardo Boshell, Djihed Afifi, Matthias Clasen,
Christian Persch, Diego Escalante Urrelo, Josselin Mouette, Cyril Brulebois,
Imran Patel, Carlos Garcia Campos, Xan Lopez, Nicholas E. Manley, Alp Toker,
Michael Monreal, friemann, Ed Catmur, Reinout van Schouwen,
Jan Michael Alonzo
Hendrik Richter, iharh, gforcada, Claude Paroz, frolix68, ituohela, Changwoo Ryu,
Luca Ferretti, ifelix, Priit Laes, jorgegonz, ankitp, Kjartan Maraas, dnylande,
Takeshi AIHANA, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle, snavin, Sunil Mohan Adapa,
Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, ssato, stephaner, Adam Weinberger, Artur Flinta,
raphaelh, ymarcheg, Gabor Kelemen, Duarte Loreto, zygis, fwang, Clytie Siddall,
icq, Jan Arne Petersen, Maxim Dziumanenko, Jonh Wendell, Robert-André Mauchin,
Cyril Brulebois, zyang, Youssef Chahibi, yairhr, mateju, iharh, Ivar Smolin,
Alexander Shopov, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, cwryu, Djihed Afifi, Vasiliy Faronov
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)