|| ||Piotr Pokora <piotrek.pokora-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||Announcement: Midgard 1.8.5 "Refix" released!|
|| ||Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:55:06 +0100|
Lodz, December 12th 2007 -- The Midgard Project has released stable, 1.8.5
release version of the Midgard Open Source Content Management System.
Midgard 1.8.5 "Refix" release includes minor bugfixes and enchancements.
[Read more about changes].
Midgard is a capable open source content management system for running
mid-to-high-end websites. In addition to the built-in content management
features, Midgard also provides a highly object-oriented component architecture
for building interactive web applications that integrate seamlessly with the
Midgard provides unique technology so can be easily integrated with any kind of
environment. From web applications ( Midgard CMS with its component framework -
MidCOM ) to typical desktop ones ( Midgard Framework ). From personal blog to
corporate portals and intranets.
Midgard is also language independent and due to its powerfull architecture is
proved as stable, secure and flexible solution implemented in high range of
* PHP, Python or Java applications
* PHP extension
* Python module
* Apache module
* GTK desktop applications
* C++ applications.
## [Get started with Midgard 1.8 today]
Midgard CMS provides a powerful toolkit for web publishing and building
interactive web applications. The features include:
* Comprehensive authoring tools
* Website management
* Multilingual support
* User management and access control
* Web development
[Read] more about features and [learn how to create content].
# Planned for next releases
* First alpha release of 1.9 branch : December 2007
* First Midgard2 alpha release : December 2007/January 2008
* Automated database MgdSchema management and table initialization
* Deprecation of the classic functional Midgard API in favor of MgdSchema and
* Deprecation of repligard, apache1 and PHP4 support.
* Integrated midgard-python and mono package
* New, rewritten midgard-data package
# Midgard resources
* [Download page and changelog for latest release]
* [Getting started with Midgard]
* [Bugs reporting]
# User and developers support:
* Mailing list
* [Users' forum]
* [Developers' forum]
* IRC: #midgard on irc.freenode.net
# About Midgard
The Midgard Content Management Framework was initially released in May 1999,
and has since gathered a sizable user and developer community. Midgard powers
thousands of web sites ranging from simple organizational websites to major
portals like maemo.org, New Zealand eGovernment site and Playbill.
Midgard is being developed by an international team of professionals. Midgard's
development team includes new media designers, system integrators and content
management consultants. Midgard development is being supported by several
commercial and governmental entities including the European Union.
Piotr Pokora, Midgard release manager
Henri Bergius, Midgard spokesman
The Midgard Project
to post comments)