|| ||"D Bera" <dbera.web-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||dashboard-hackers <dashboard-hackers-AT-gnome.org>,
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Beagle 0.3.1|
|| ||Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:15:52 -0500|
I'm pleased to announce the release of Beagle 0.3.1. This is a bug
fix release fixing a crash in beagled for some users at start-up.
It is strictly recommended to use 0.3.1 instead of 0.3.0.
THE SHORT OF IT
To download the 0.3.0 release or learn more about Beagle, visit
the Beagle web page:
WHAT IS BEAGLE?
Beagle is a Linux desktop-independent service which transparently and
unobtrusively indexes your data in real-time. For example:
* Files are immediately indexed when they are created, are re-indexed
when they are modified, and are dropped from the index upon deletion.
* E-mails are indexed upon arrival.
* IM conversations are indexed as you chat, a line at a time.
* Web pages are indexed as you view them (with a browser extension).
* Notes and address-book entries are indexed as they are created.
Beagle supports many different data sources and file formats. For a
complete listing, visit:
Beagle uses the Lucene indexing system from the Apache project and the
prodigious Doug Cutting, ported to .NET by George Aroush.
Beagle includes an optional GNOME-based graphical tool for searching
its indexes. Also included is an experimental web based search interface.
To learn more about Beagle, visit:
The Beagle daemon requires at least:
* Mono 1.2.4
* glib-sharp 2.4.0
* GMime 2.2.0
* libexif 0.5.7
* sqlite 3.3.1
The GNOME user interface requires:
* gtk-sharp 2.4.0
* gnome-sharp 2.4.0
To support all of Beagle's features and file formats, you should
* Mono 1.2.6
(yet to be released, this version will contain several changes which
will improve beagle's CPU, memory and performance under battery)
* GMime 2.2.11
* Firefox 1.5 or Epiphany
* Evolution-sharp 0.13.3
* libgsf 1.14.1
* gsf-sharp 0.8.1 from
* wv1 1.2.4
* pdfinfo and pdftotext from xpdf
* MPlayer or Totem 2.17.1
* Galago 0.5.x
* Linux kernel 2.6.13 with inotify
NOTABLE CHANGES BETWEEN 0.3.0 and 0.3.1
* Fix a crash sqlite3 users will face at startup when upgrading from 0.2.x.
* Workaround a problem in which some HTML emails could cause
the index-helper to take lots of memory and go into an infinite loop
* Fix a bug in which beagle-settings would grow wide on long directories
* Hide the Avahi service settings if Avahi was not enabled at configure time.
* Drop our Images.dll assembly; instead load Tango icons from the icon
theme and stock icons [bgo #398533].
* Workaround a crash in mono when hostname is 16 characters or longer.
* Update video tiles layout in beagle-search.
* Use bash for all our scripts. Makes it possible to run beagle-index-info where
/bin/sh is not linked to /bin/bash.
- Catalan (Jordi Mas)
- Spanish (Jorge Gonzalez)
Contributors to this release: Debajyoti Bera, Lukas Lipka, Kevin Kubasik.
Full set of changes:
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)