|| ||Evgeniy Polyakov <email@example.com>|
|| ||lkml <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[0/4] DST: Distributed storage.|
|| ||Tue, 4 Dec 2007 17:37:06 +0300|
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org|
I'm pleased to announce the 10'th release of the distributed
storage subsystem (DST). This is a maintenance release and includes
bug fixes and simple feature extensions only.
DST allows to form a storage on top of local and remote nodes
and combine them into linear or mirroring setup, which in
turn can be exported to remote nodes.
* fixed bug with XFS metadata update (it can provide slab pages to the
DST, so it is not allowed to transfer them using ->sendpage())
* fixed async error completion path
* extended netlink communication channel to report errors back to userspace
* DST name is now "The 10'th dynasty of smuggled slothes"
* number of fixes for userspace DST target
Great thanks to Matthew Hodgson <email@example.com> for debugging and
fixes for userspace DST target and preliminary netlink extension patches.
Overall list of features of the DST can be found on project's homepage:
Signed-off-by: Evgeniy Polyakov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html