|| ||Rui Capela <rncbc-AT-rncbc.org>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||Qtractor 0.0.9.778|
|| ||Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:37:55 +0100|
Type: KDE Sound Application
Depend: Qt 4.x
Qtractor is an Audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer
application written in C++ around the Qt4 toolkit
using Qt Designer. The initial target platform
will be Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit
(JACK) for audio, and the Advanced Linux Sound
Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI, are the main
infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured
Linux Desktop Audio Workstation GUI, specially
dedicated to the personal home-studio.
0.0.9 2007-11-30 The Adolescence Prime
- Drag-and-dropping of MIDI files without specific
track or channel, into existing tracks, is now
rejected. The drop operation is now allowed on the
track-view blank area only, meaning the same as
the complete MIDI file import into session.
- Record actual MIDI clip length to last play-head
position, instead of time of last event in the
- Connections item lists gets properly sorted, as
- Clear connection persistance once an explicit
disconnection is issued on any of the (intrinsic)
- MIDI output buses now get the panning slider to
spit out some GM system master balance (sysex)
messages, being now enabled.
- Mouse hovering on the clip fade-in/out handles,
while in the main track-view, gets its long due
cursor pointer feedback.
- Fixed a off-by-one boundary issue on MIDI clip
event playback, which were enqueuing duplicated
MIDI events on every read-ahead output thread
processing cycle (1 sec).
- Transport menu and toolbar are now featured on
the MIDI Editor.
- Use actual session name when asking to save
- Transport loop setting keyboard shortcuts
swapped: Ctrl+L will set the loop immediately, and
Shift+Ctrl+L will toggle on/off.
- Changing MIDI event duration may now affect MIDI
- Alternate sharp-note color lines have returned
to MIDI Editor canvas, as was the shadow color
marking the end of MIDI clip.
0.0.8 2007-11-12 The Twelfth Tight
- Bus context menu is now accessible from
respective mixer strip.
- Fixed a subtle crash-suicide issue when invoking
the bus dialog with a double-click over the
corresponding mixer bus strip; also fixed the
sloppy ganguing mistake when changing mixer bus
gain (volume) and panning values.
- MIDI Omni mode (sort of) makes its entrance as a
new MIDI track property, meaning that is now
finally possible for the capture of any unfiltered
MIDI channel event, without regard to the current
channel assignment, which still applies for
- Audio (pass-)through has been also implemented,
now being a common and consistent property of both
audio and MIDI buses, provided those are set in
duplex mode (input and output).
- Re-touched follow-playhead and continue-past-end
tool icons, again to be a bit softer and not so
bright as to hurt someones eyes.
0.0.7 2007-10-31 The Eleventh Tower
- Suspend auto-follow-playhead while dragging or
moving content over the main track and midi editor
views; re-touched follow-playhead and new
continue-past-end tool icons.
- Playback is now forced complete full-stop
whenever play-head goes behind the current session
length and/or loop-end and the newer "continue
past end" option is enabled from transport menu.
- Tool/child windows position and size
- MIDI (pass-)through has been finally
implemented, after several kind requests, it
applies as a property of duplex-mode MIDI buses;
this new setting is configurable from the
View/Buses... dialog; also from respective new
input bus mixer-strip button; when enabled,
implies all incoming MIDI events at the input bus
will pass-through unchanged to the corresponding
output bus, as found useful just for direct
monitoring one's performance without the help of
any extra circumvent or kludgy connections.
- Mouse cursor shape changes accordingly while
hovering in header time-scale rulers, both in main
track-view and MIDI editor.
- Track-view clipboard paste action has been
refactored, with the user interface consistent
with the same functionality featured on the MIDI
editor: the clipboard selection being pasted now
floats at the mouse pointer and can be moved
around before placed into its final position,
either with the mouse or keyboard arrow keys.
- A unitialized member variable bug affecting all
MIDI clips has been discovered and squashed; this
one has been lurking for quite some time and was
causing wrong clip editing results, specially when
tempo or meter differs between session and the
- Keyboard step-moving is now allowed while
pasting in MIDI editor.
- Track-view clip selection can now be drag-moved
into the void (bottom) view area creating brand
new tracks automagically.
- Losing focus resets all current keyboard
step-moves in progress, affecting the main
track-view and all MIDI editor as well.
- As done before on the MIDI editor, the main
track-view current selection may be step-wise
moved using the keyboard arrow keys and the
enter/insert keys for final placement; horizontal
step movement is quantized according to current
snap setting; vertical key-step movement is only
allowed to selected clips belonging to one single
and the same track.
- Immediate session loop settting, accessible from
the main menu.
- Track properties dialog gets fixed again in its
- Another audio-buffer thread bug was scrubbed
off, which was causing spurious and audible
garbage on certain loop workloads.
0.0.6 2007-10-09 The Tenth Commencement
0.0.5 2007-09-08 The Ninth Hitch Nail
0.0.4 2007-07-19 The Eight Wanderer
0.0.3 2007-06-23 The Seventh Draught
0.0.2 2007-05-26 The Sixth Lord
0.0.1 2007-05-07 The Filthy Fifth
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)