|| ||Mykhaylo Kopytonenko <mishakop-AT-gmail.com>|
|| ||kde-announce-apps <kde-announce-apps-AT-kde.org>|
|| ||Fresh Memory 0.3|
|| ||Sun, 2 Dec 2007 01:34:20 +0100|
Name: Fresh Memory
Type: KDE Education
Depend: Qt 4.x
Fresh Memory is an educational tool for studying
foreign words or terms from a specific domain. The
application manages a set of dictionaries, which
can be loaded, created, modified and saved. The
user can take several types of tests on basis of
the loaded dictionary. The main tests are:
- Flash cards
- Multiple choice test.
These tests will help to memorize new words or
refresh old ones. The application works with
Unicode characters (UTF-8) and therefore is not
restricted to Latin letters.
The supported OSes are Linux and Windows. Also the
project can be theoretically compiled under MacOS,
as QT is used for its graphical interface.
This application makes powerful use of
Object-oriented programming with C++ and the QT
graphical library. All windows are implemented
with Model-View-Controller pattern. The QT's
built-in Model/View programming capabilities are
used for displaying dictionaries in a table form.
Other patterns that were used in this software
are: Factory, Singleton. The source code was
written with internationalization in mind. All
string data used in the program can be easily
translated to other languages using the standard
QT internationalization tools.
* Changed the dictionary file format for an
XML-based one (FMD: Freshmemory dictionary).
* Added import and export from/to CSV file
* Added a new "Example" field to cards.
- The keyword in an example is automatically
highlighted in the test view. The keyword is
either the exact match of the "Question" field or
a word prefixed with '%' character.
* Flashcards test:
- Added "Show answers" checkbox
- When card contents were changed, the card is
immediately updated in the test view
- If one or more cards are removed, the
situation is gracefully handled and the test view
is properly updated
- When trying to start already running test,
switch to the test view
- Polished the GUI
* Window state saving for both main and test
* Main window features:
- Recent files
- Save copy (like "Save as" but doesn't change
the name of the current file)
- Show/hide toolbars
- Convinience: Replace the Ctrl+D "Delete
cards" hotkey with Del.
* Find dialog:
- Added "Add regexp" button. It displays a
menu of commonly used regular expressions.
- Polished the GUI
* Command-line arguments:
- Added --help, -h options
- The program accepts a dictionary filename to
be loaded. This makes possible to bind the .fmd
dictionary files with freshmemory program.
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)