|| ||Alexander Larsson <alexl-AT-redhat.com>|
|| ||gnome-announce <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||gio-standalone 0.1.2 and gvfs 0.0.2 released|
|| ||Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:15:07 +0100|
This is the second tarball release of gio/gvfs.
There were a few minor API/ABI changes, but nothing that should be
hard to fix.
One issue is that the libsmb.so gvfs module was moved into the main gvfs
module, so you might need to remove $prefix/lib/gvfs/modules/libsmb.so
if you installed the previous version, or you'll get a conflict.
Here are the NEWS files:
Major changes in gio-standalone 0.1.2:
* Fix build on solaris / OSX
* Leak fixes
* Fix typo in APIs: availible -> available
* We now handle the case where a GVfs implementation
fails to initialize. For instance gvfs fails if
there is no session bus.
* g_memory_output_stream_set_free_on_close was renamed
to g_memory_output_stream_set_free_data and frees
on finalize, not close. This makes more sense and
is more consistent with GMemoryInputStream.
* Remove c++ keywords from public header files
* Clean up warnings in code
* Keep around async i/o worker threads a bit longer
than the previous 0.5 secs
Major changes in gvfs 0.0.2:
* Updated to work win gio-standalone 0.1.2
* Build fixes on various platforms
* Don't link client lib to libgvfscommon.so
* Change how the uri mapper works
* Integrate standard uri mappers (i.e. smb) into client libs
(You might need to remove $prefix/lib/gvfs/modules/libsmb.so
from an older version if you install this)
* Cleanly handle when gvfs daemons die, without
crashing the app
* Implement unmounting
* Rename master daemon to "gvfsd" and mount daemons to
names like "gvfsd-sftp".
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)