|| ||Ron Rindjunsky <ron.rindjunsky-ral2JQCrhuEAvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>|
|| ||[PATCH 0/15] mac80211/iwlwifi (#everything): integrate IEEE802.11n support|
|| ||Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:29:36 +0200|
|| ||johannes-cdvu00un1VgdHxzADdlk8Q@public.gmane.org, linux-wireless-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org,
This series of patches contains all 802.11n code + fixes of comments to
the first cycle of 802.11n patches.
- removing MAC80211_HT from config and all *.[ch] files
- removing IWL4965 config dependency on MAC80211_HT
- adding MAC80211_HT_DEBUG to config file and to relevant places
- refine TODO remark in ieee80211_sta_process_addba_request
- net_ratelimit() added to relevant prints
- renaming ieee80211_rx_h_data_agg to ieee80211_rx_h_amsdu
- removing parentheses from IEEE80211_CONF_SUPPORT_HT_MODE use
- changing amsdu_frame type from u16 to u8
- adding define SUPP_MCS_SET_LEN 16 to indicate MCS set length
- fixes to some typos
If this series is accepted then next series will contain the follow:
TODO list (planned for next series of patches)
- Full A-MPDU aggregation capability.
- AP flows
- Changes to Rx handlers PAE and drop unencrypted (for EAPOL frames in amsdu)
- Examine config flows in mac80211 (RFC is prepered)
Notes to this series:
This series of patches splits into two parts:
- patches 1-7 add 802.11n support to mac80211.
- patches 8-15 demonstrates the use of the above mac80211's 802.11n framework through iwl4965 low
In order to be compatible with the 802.11n requirements for an HT station,
patches 1-7 should not be treated as stand alone patches, but as a complete framework,
although separation to patches by subjects was made for ease of handling.
This applies to patches 8-15 as well.
The patches do _not_ break any existing driver.
patches were made (and tested to work) with wireless branch 2.6.24-rc1 (#everything)
The framework includes the following:
- HT probing.
- HT association.
- Support in Rx A-MSDU.
- Support in A-MPDU addBA request.
- HT information and configuration delivery to both low-level driver and rate scaling.
Intel Israel (74) Limited
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies.