|| ||"Kelly Taylor" <blogworldpr-AT-bohle.com>|
|| ||BlogWorld Expo - Blogging Trend Story Ideas|
|| ||Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:41:51 -0700|
With just two weeks to go before the inaugural BlogWorld and New Media Expo (www.blogworldexpo.com)
in Las Vegas, we wanted to suggest some blogging industry trend story ideas that
could be set up for you at the show :
* Blogging becoming mainstream - research from Parks Associates shows a significant
percentage of U.S. households visit social networking sites and/or read blogs
* Former journalists now making lucrative careers blogging - many make six figure
salaries or more. How did they do it? What posts attract attention? Where
does their income come from?
* Standards are being set, codes of ethics refined, etc. - what procedures/policies
are in place or being solidified for self-employed bloggers?
* Monetizing blogs through advertising revenue - a win/win opportunity for bloggers
AND advertisers. How does it all work?
* How is the 'blogosphere' impacting the viability of traditional print media
- has the insurgence of blogs caused/or is about to cause the demise of key business
and news pubs over the past few years (eg., Industry Standard, Red Herring, Business
* Increasing number of microblogs - what about the future? Will services like
Twitter overtake blogs? What about the use of video? Look out 2 - 3 years with
Rick Calvert, founder/CEO of BlogWorld and New Media Expo and a multi-year, profitable
6-figure blogger himself, can provide insight into all of the topics above, and
more. And he can tell current and would be bloggers why attending BlogWorld
Nov. 7 - 9 would help them and you learn more.
Kelly for BlogWorld Expo & Parks Associates
The Bohle Company
1-310-785-0515 ext. 300
to post comments)