KSystemLog is a system log viewer tool for KDE 4
This program is compatible with KDE 4 beta 3
This program is developed for being used by
beginner users, which don't know how to find
information about their Linux system, and how the
log files are in their computer. But it is also
designed for advanced users, who want to quickly
see problems occuring on their server.
KSystemLog has the following features :
* View all the main log of your system, by
selecting them directly in a menu
* Tabbed view to allow displaying several logs
at the same time
* Auto display new logged lines.
* Fast parsing and reading (more than 10000
lines each 5 seconds)
* Colorize log lines depending on their levels
* Detailed information for each log Lines (in
a dedicated dialog)
* Quick filter
* Send a log message manually from a dialog
* Save, print and email log files are
* It can parse the following log files of your
o System logs
o X.org logs
o Kernel logs
o Authentication logs
o Acpid logs
o Cups logs
o Postfix logs
o Apache logs
o Samba logs
o Daemons logs
o Cron logs
o XSession logs
o Cron logs
You can simply compile KSystemLog using the KDE 4
beta packages available in KUbuntu or other
Major improvements :
* KDE 4 compliant
* Faster log reading
* Improve Apache log.
* Improve Postfix log.
* Add XSession log.
* Add Cron log.
* Replace the progress dialog
* Rewritting of main parts of the application,
to be sure the code is more robust, and do not
crash each 5 minutes. Many memleaks removed.
For more details, don't go to :
This web site needs an serious update ;-)
Kde-announce-apps mailing list
to post comments)